Be honest, what would you do?

Options

Replies

• CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I could do without. I like MFP because of the community and the tracking over time of other goals (not just the food tracking). I tend to log in less on busy days or the weekends but I still make good choices those days, and now that I am at a weight I am comfortable with, I've found even with the non-logging days, my weight is holding steady.
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    Sure, I could...but Im so glad I dont have to! :bigsmile:
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Interesting question! I've been logging on and entering every single morsel of food for almost 530 days now, so if MFP went down I'd be lost.

You sure gave me something to think about!!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    i could do it but I wouldn't want to. I'm a MFP addict now.
    You and me both sister!!! I smoke from the MFP crackpipe daily!:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I would probably sit in a corner and cry.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Since I started with pen and paper yeah,I only started doing it here because it was a little easier
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Of course I could do it. I did the work, not MFP!
    I'm glad I don't have to do it without MFP and the internet. I've met a lot of awesome peeps here, but I could if I had too.
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what I would do! I do have MFP on my phone so I would be okay if my home internet went down, but I have no idea what I would do if Verizon shut down their internet service!
    9603602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    yes and no.. i'd be able to manage i could always use the app without the internet lol plus i know enough to keep going but i'd miss the support and friendship that i have here. i use to use another app/site for logging but it didnt have the social aspect so after a few months i slacked off and had no one to get me back on track. plus i clown around A LOT, and i need my mfp's to encourage it lol
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    In the event that the internet shut down, I will assume that a catastrophic world wide event has taken place. In which case, I will have no problem continuing to lose fat and increase strength as I would be turning back to a hunter gatherer style of living (with possible running from aliens and/or zombies).
    LOL, with the looks of that bicep, I wanna fight in your army against the zombies and aliens!!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    When I am away from home I use my i-touch. It doesn't have GS so when I am away from a wi-fi source it will still let me work off line on the data base. That has really helped me so far. I have counted calories without internet help, but MFP has been really nice & motivating. I could do it, but I'm not sure if I would long term yet. I am hoping once these healthier habits become more habit forming I won't need to rely so heavily on it. MFP is a part of my plan right now.
  • FitnessPal4L1f3
    FitnessPal4L1f3 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It would not be easy - BUT - I would log everything. This website has helped BIG TIME in giving me a better understanding with what foods have what caloric value.
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    As far as the keeping track of how many calories I eat, I could do it but honestly I would probably slack off after awhile. I don't think I would gain it all back though because I have changed the way I eat and I do kind of keep a mental tally estimating the calories I eat. I really do hope that I never have to worry about MFP going away!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'd probably be ok now that I am in maintenance, but I love my MFP! We'd have to form a colony of MFP apocalypse survivors.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    it would be a great relief. it would be like going back to being a regular person again!
  • BellaLacie
    BellaLacie Posts: 12
    Options
    Yes I would and have! About 2 weeks ago, I lost my internet service due to severe storms in my area. It was out for 5 days, so I got my old fashioned pen and pad of paper out and tracked my food and calories each day of those 5 days.:happy:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I love MFP. . . and all my friends that I have made here as well as the support and advice. . I will say when I lost it the first time in college. . I did it without a scale in my house. . with just a Calorie King book and a food diary. . . So it can be done. . I am enjoying being here though. . .
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I could easily manage my exercise and food intake, but i'd be an epic, EPIC failure without the amazing guidance and support of the amazing, incredible and utterly unselfish friends I have on this site, so I'm afraid without mfp I'd collapse and crumble.

Yes, this!
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i COULD do it.. i WOULD do it.. HOWEVER.. i come here for support. i don't have the same support system in the outside world as i do here.. i would probably go join some type of support group.. but it still wouldn't be the same as being able to spend the time i NEED to here.. MFP really gets me through the tough stuff...
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    nope . . . I mean I could . . . but nope- I know enough about healthy foods etc. but the actual tracking I might start for a day or 2 but after that I would lose the umph. MFP makes it easy to log, play with my numbers to see what I can eat, and to track my exercise- and I LOVE my MFP peeps!!!