Went over my calories....I feel like crap.

Options
All week I've been doing great at not going over my calorie goal but tonight, I'm pretty sure I went over by almost double. Ugh.... boredom drove me to eating. Now I feel sick and just want to say "to hell with this diet." If I quit, I fail.... obviously. FML.

Replies

• blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    We ALL have a day like that every now and again. Just make it a learning experience and DON'T GIVE UP!

Tomorrow is a new day :)
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Its one day--remember that none of us are perfect and if this was easy then everyone would be stick thin! ... You can do this!! When you wake up in the morning leave this day in the dust and make tomorrow even better than you thought possible!! =)
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Slap some sense into yourself and be determined to do better tomorrow.
  • kahroleena22
    kahroleena22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a diet!! And yes, it's only one day! don't worry about it. Tomorrow is another day :D
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hey man I'm over almost everyday and even when I try to burn the extra calories I'm still over...but I dont let it get to me and even though my weight loss has stalled a bit I know I'm still making progress because the inches off my waist, hips and thighs have been reducing continuously. And people have told me i look much more fit. Don't let it get it to you. Today I'm 1000 over thats including the extra 1000 calories burned working out but do I care. nope! Don't let it get to you. Your body will be fine.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Nope, don' t do that, just say tomorrow is a new day!

We all screw up, call it a major cheat day and face tomorrow fresh. If you let guilt get to you, you won't get through this.

I'm on my second time of losing weight that I gained back with comfort eating, I can't beat myself up for that now, I have to take it one day at a time until I get there!! And you will get there too!!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    One day is just one day. It took a lot longer than one day to get overweight, right?

I am having one of those days today, too, and I am looking forward to a new day tomorrow. :smile:
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The good news is that tomorrow is a new day. We all fall off the wagon now and again. You can do better tomorrow. :smile:

When you want to eat something that you know you shouldn't, remember how you feel now. I have to remember how I feel when I eat french fries to keep myself from getting some french fries. They make me feel horrible. Not worth it.

Don't give up. This is part of the process. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I just ate 9 plates of sushi!! I feel ya for sure. Gotta get back on the horse, never give up.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    make a check mark behind yesterday and next time you are bored, think about how bad you feel now and look for something to do, exercise, take a walk.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    It's not a diet. So what, you ate too much today. Tomorrow is a new day. Work it off.
  • bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi Greg,

Don't sweat it man. I do this quite often. I'll do well for several days, and then *POW* weekend or party or something else comes along and I go well over my calories for the day. I'm still down 40 lbs+ since I started my new lifestyle. That's what you have to think of it as, a different mindset of life changes, not just "dieting rules". That's why diets always fail. But having a general trend of being more healthy is something that gives you the wiggle room to slip up now and again, and just keep going on.

Stick with it man, keep it going, and you'll see some good results. Hope that helps man. =)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Get up and dust yourself off and get back to it. Once a quitter always a quitter. Don't be a quitter.
  • Jodi_O
    Jodi_O Posts: 32
    Options
    Blowing one day doesn't undo the great job that you've done the rest of the week.
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    This is a lifestyle! One day at a time,,,DON'T GIVE UP! Look at what you've accomplished so far.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Im 600 calories over and did not work out at all today. It happens. Tomorrow is a new day. Stay focused and determined and don't let one rough day overshadow the 6 great days you had. We all have them.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I went over my calories and I feel GREAT! You know why? Because this is the first time in ages that it has happened. If I can do it, you can do it. (Be under, I mean - not totally **** up. Anyone can do that. )
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    We all have days like that, Greg. Best thing to do is get right back on the horse. Accept what happened for what it is, try to remember how crappy it made you feel so you'll be less tempted to induldge next time. You don't have to wait till tomorrow to start again, start right now!
    Maybe try to have a backup plan for boredom that takes you closer to your goal and makes you feel better. A few free weights and such out in the garage or something and when you feel yourself wanting to eat for no good reason, hit the weights or go do some exercises that make you feel good instead!
    You can do this! It's not a fail, and remember all the times you have not gone over your calorie goal! You'll get there! Just don't quit!
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    Each day, really each meal, is another chance to get it right. Nobody's perfect so don't beat yourself up over one heavy meal. Just put your game face back on and make a good choice for breakfast!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It happens to us all, it almost happened to me today, I managed to stay within (barely) so far though, hopefully I won't be too hungry before bed.

Just resume the next day and try over the next few days to be under your goal to make up for the "cheat day".

Enjoy.