MOMS! When do you find time to exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    After our daughter goes to bed, the husband and I do our weightlifting. Cardio is sometimes done as soon as I get home from work (again together with husband), munchkin being hypnotized by Shaun T. or sometimes after she goes to bed (if she's feeling cranky).
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My kids are 3 and 1.5, and I exercise when I get home from work while DH watches them. I wake up at 5:30am for work, so there's no way to wake up earlier for exercising. And by the kids' bedtime, I am to sleepy to exercise.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i have 8 kids ranging from 19 years to 4 months. and i find it easier during the week to work out on my wii fit in the afternoon when baby takes her nap. so we can have family time in the evening, and when i do my arerbics on the weekend i do them in the morning so we as a family can do stuff together.
  • MrsThrasher
    Options
    I have three children that workout with me. They are my motivators! Even when I use weights, my 4 & 6 year olds will use their dolls as weights. So cute! So I usually workout at home. It is easier than finding a sitter and going to a gym. And it is a lot more fun doing it with my children! Now, if I could only get my hubby to join us.
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I've GOTTA do it in the early AM or else it won't happen. This is not so much a complication of mothering but more of a temperment issue that is exacerbated by the current work/school/life schedule. I think even if I had nothing else on my plate, I'd still wake up at 5 to be done by 6:45. It's a great start to the day. I do dream of naps, though. :smile: Someday.
  • melindalamb
    Options
    I work out for about 30 minutes in the morning, at home and I work out for about two hours in the evening at the gym.
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I workout every morning with the kids somewhere in the house :0) They are either working out with me (either Chalean Extreme, Turbo Jam or P90X...they prefer Tony) or they will be eating their breakfast at the table and watching me. It took them a couple of weeks but now they tell me on my rest days "mommy.....you need to exercise!" They are 3 & 4 and I'm very proud that they are a part of my workout time.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and my husband paid for my annual membership at 24hr Fitness so I use the KidsClub there. I don't really have an excuse to NOT have the time! I go first thing in the morning after the little one wakes up (sometime between 9 & 10:30am, I know, I know, I'm lucky!) and get in at least 45min-1.5hrs before the KidsClub closes for the afternoon at 1pm. I get all my housekeeping stuff done during the little ones nap hours from 2-6. It's the one thing in my schedule that stays constant! Lol.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    hpygirl64ColleenLinder Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I work out along side of my 2 year old son while he either plays or sometimes joins in. I think it is a great thing to have him growing up seeing this as a normal thing to do each day. Monkey see, monkey do.... I have to say that I have also gotten better results at home then all the time put in at the gym. Your welcome to ask me what my favorite workout programs are and friend me as well for some positive food for thought everyone. Happy rest of the weekend. Colleen (Seattle)
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a gym membership that has a kids area, sort of like Monkey Joe's. I'm "Mom of the year" because they get to bounce for an hour 4 days a week. :-)
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    After four very active boys. I only have one left in the house and he is a soccer player so i work out with him and my husband. School startes at 7:15 but he gets on the bus at 6 so we run or workout at 5am. during the school year.
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I joined the Y because they have childcare, but I don't get there as much as I'd like. At home I workout while my 2 year old naps in the afternoon. My 3 year old likes to work out with me, we do Zumba and yoga almost every day!

My 2 year old likes to join in too if he's up, but he's usually hanging off me or crawling under me during yoga so that's why I try to wait till he's asleep. But I do agree that I like involving them or letting them see me exercising so they form good habits too!
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I go to the gym/spin or a walk when the kids are in bed so I'll head out the door the second they are settled. I get up at 5.30am for work so morning exercise is out.

It's hard to juggle it al but do-able. I exercise 4-5 nights a week.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I run, lol. I either have to do it before my little one wakes up or after she crashes for the night. We do yoga together, hike, play sports, and play with our dogs.
  • Jess3kids
    Jess3kids Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I typically workout after breakfast is done and the kids are occupied doing something else. If I wait to the afternoon I just want to relax.

I'm also not sure how this will work once I'm back in school this fall.
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    How old is your son? I have a 5 year old, a 3 year old and one thats almost 2...

Ive tried waking up early to workout but then my daughter (the 3 year old) wakes up and wants her show, so there goes that... and if i wait till night when they are in bed by say 8:30, well then thats my relax time and im tired and just want to sit.

So i found it that my almost 2 year old son takes a nap anywhere from 10-12, so lately ive been working out around 9:30-10 while they are all wide awake and playing, they actually come next to me and do it too sometimes, especially the youngest haha its cute...

Anyways, thats been working for me :) Add me if you'd like too
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    5am before everyone wakes up!