Just so you know...

Options
13»

Replies

• Juliebean
    Options
    Thanks Shannon!
    I have to have a box headed to Iraq by Nov 21!
    Any ideas what to put in it!?!?
    I got movies, game, cards, book....... I worry about "goodies" because that is a long time for them to hold up. :grumble:

Is he in barracks or does he have his own space??

He has mentioned that he'll be in a trailer with another of his group.

Maybe a nice framed picture of you would help boost his spirits. :wink:

I am getting some photos with my kiddo....
    I was thinking of doing some....special...classy retro pin up pics this spring/summer (depending on weight loss) for before he comes home. Too much? Weird? I am close to talking myself out of it.

He'd absolutely love them! Go for it! Don't you DARE talk yourself out of it girlie! :love:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I don't start shopping until I realize it's almost Christmas and I haven't gotten anyone anything yet. I'm best under pressure! Besides moo-la is tight so it'll probably be stocking stuffer items :cry: They'll love me anyway right? :smooched:

You are much nicer than me. I cancelled Christmas. (except if someone wants to give me something of course)

I am driving to Biloxi, MS for Christmas so between putting new tires on my car and gas money...I am the present this year! :laugh:

Congrats by the way. I haven't been on much and I don't think I had seen you since I heard the news! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I procrastinate! It sucks!! LOL! But, I order a lot online and have it shipped just because most of my family is across the country and it's just easier that way. Around here, I have to worry about my son,hubby, MIL, Sister-in-law, nephew and a couple friends. Thats about it!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I procrastinate! It sucks!! LOL! But, I order a lot online and have it shipped just because most of my family is across the country and it's just easier that way. Around here, I have to worry about my son,hubby, MIL, Sister-in-law, nephew and a couple friends. Thats about it!

DD got ahold of a toy catalog yesterday. :noway: :noway:

"I want this...oh and this....oh and I just HAVE to have this...."

{{GULP}} :embarassed:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Omg I used to LOVE going through the big Toys R Us catalog!!! :love: :laugh:

DD got ahold of a toy catalog yesterday. :noway: :noway:

"I want this...oh and this....oh and I just HAVE to have this...."

{{GULP}} :embarassed:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I work at Sears, so the big wishbok is a constant in your face!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

He'd absolutely love them! Go for it! Don't you DARE talk yourself out of it girlie! :love:

I will try not to chicken out.
    I am not overly girly so the whole.... "look" is hard to figure out.
    Especially since I am trying to lose weight.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Hmmm, take a look at some of those Hot Rod mags....and the NASCAR pinups....nothing there for the guys right????? Can you borrow a mechanics overall????
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

Hmmm, take a look at some of those Hot Rod mags....and the NASCAR pinups....nothing there for the guys right????? Can you borrow a mechanics overall????

I only have those frumpy winter ones.....
    The one thing I have to be careful of is not to push it TOO far... they are kinda strict about what makes it there.
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    They are strict but just keep it tasteful and I bet you have no problems. And just FYI if you stick a picture in a book or something... you will probably not have any problems :) (as long as the book isnt a playboy)
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    They are strict but just keep it tasteful and I bet you have no problems. And just FYI if you stick a picture in a book or something... you will probably not have any problems :) (as long as the book isnt a playboy)

Ohhhhhhhhhh.....now THERE'S an idea....
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have deployed a few times and that is how mom (gotta love mom) always sends things like phone cards and gift cards I have only had a few things opened in customs but I have always gotten everything sent with the exception of one excercise magazine.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I have deployed a few times and that is how mom (gotta love mom) always sends things like phone cards and gift cards I have only had a few things opened in customs but I have always gotten everything sent with the exception of one excercise magazine.

Curse those exercise magazines....corrupting our kiddos....:laugh:
    So, when I send his Christmas box should I put his music download thingy in a book instead of his stocking?

***Also, if anyone knows of some AWESOME sites that sell retro clothes, I would love to know about them.

Alright, no more hijacking Sharrons thread.....

My 6 yearold asked for a ROCKING HORSE!!!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Ugh...only 48 more days!
  • luv2eat2013
    luv2eat2013 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil pulling good for health gums
  • henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me.....**sigh**