A lot to Lose Challenge

Options
KnottyJen
KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
Do you feel like you have "a lot to lose"? Like 75-100 lbs to drop? Or more? Are you interested in doing a challenge, but don't want to sign up for something that you feel may be beyond your physical ability right now? Look no further! :bigsmile:

Okay, Cheesy Commercial over. Seriously, though - does this sound like something you might like to do?

This is the situation that I was in not too long ago. I felt like a bit of a failure for not being able to keep up with the challenge, but I knew that what was being asked of me was more than I could physically handle. I didn't want to let my teammates down, but I also didn't want to injure myself and be out of commission completely. I dropped the challenge, feeling a bit defeated, but knowing that it was the best choice for everyone.

I talked to some friends that were feeling similarly and I volunteered to organize a challenge that seemed to be a little more friendly to those of us that have a few more pounds to lose than others.

I'm still in the process of figuring out what the challenge will entail, so for now, I'm looking to see what kind of interest is out there. This will be based on doing activities - NOT on weight loss. The overall challenge will be centered around distance. So, I will determine x number of miles that we want to travel per week - this can be achieved by walking, jogging, running, swimming, rowing, biking, or whatever other activity you might be doing that logs a distance - your choice.

And then there will be mini challenges - either daily or weekly - that will be an additional way to accumulate points. There will be an activity based mini challenge - x number of steps or leg lifts or a certain weight training exercise - as well as a nutrition based mini challenge - x cups of water or under calories or x servings of fruit/veggies.

I've found that I really enjoy the team challenges that I've signed up for, as it motivates me to hold up my end of the deal for my team. But the ability to do teams really depends on a couple things: 1. How many people are interested in participating in this challenge and 2. whether or not the people who want to play this game actually want to do teams!

I'm open to suggestions, so please share if you have any ideas!

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Please sign me up Jen!:flowerforyou: I'm in.:bigsmile:
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun to me. I joined a walking challenge for July but without a team counting on me I haven't had a very strong urge to stick to it. Plus, daily challenges would do a much better job of keeping things interesting.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'm in...let's get it going, whatever IT is :bigsmile:
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Im in as well!!!! I'm feeling inspired by my workout this morning..... I'm all revved up to go!
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    This sounds great!! :]
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i am with ya friend ;)
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You know I'm in!
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Count me in Jen... :bigsmile:
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    never done a challenge before but i will try this one
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    you know i'm interested!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued, I haven't done a challenge yet here (this is my first week), but it sounds like fun!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Im in my dear :)
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm TOTALLY in!!!
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am in jen! way to be a leader!
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Interesting!!!! I am so in.
  • arizonastatejenn
    Options
    What a great idea! I always seem to be a little more motivated when I am accountable for something. Don't have too many ideas though because I have never done this. Keep me posted please!!

Jenn
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm a challenge-virgin.... But so ready! I'm so in!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    In with a grin!! This is just what I was looking for!