A lot to Lose Challenge

Options

Replies

• KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Great!!! That's it! Group is full!!!

Thanks all! I'll be sending out another message on this board soon with more details!
  • MarysFit
    MarysFit Posts: 6
    Options
    I am brand new and stumbled on this challenge. I see that you're full, but is there a way I can follow along on my own?
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    We currently have 45 people who've said that they're interested in participating for this challenge. Based on that, I will break us up into 9 groups of five. I will send PM's to everyone in a little while, letting you all know who is on your team. If you don't already know the people on your team, you should friend them and try to get to know one another. The first task that your team needs to complete is to decide on a team captain & come up with a name. I think it helps to have a leader take charge of the group and a name gives you all a sense of being a team. Each team's leader (and ONLY the leader) should get back to me by Thursday night, letting me know the team's name.

Here's how I'm going to run this:

The challenge will run for 8 weeks - Friday, 7/29 through Friday, 9/23
    We will base everything on a points system:
    For every mile that you run/walk/bike/swim/etc, you will earn 10 points for your team.
    For daily nutrition challenges - each person on your team that completes the challenge will earn an additional 5 points for your team
    For daily exercise challenges - each person on your team that completes the challenge will earn an additional 10 points for your team

Every day, the team captains will need to send me their team's total points for the day. I will maintain a spreadsheet for everyone to monitor the progress of the challenge.

I'm thinking I might give a reward for the team with the most points at the end of each week. Maybe it'll be a little graphic, or a bonus for the following week, or some other kind of reward. It'll be based on that specific week's progress, not the overall totals, so each week is a fresh start and everyone gets a fair shake at winning for the week.

If there are any questions, please feel free to message me. And if we're not already friends, feel free to do that, too! Looking forward to Losing a LOT with you all!!!!
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited!! This is going to be a blast!! Woo Hoo!
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would like to take a min too say a huge THANK YOU to you jagrib0112 (Jen) for putting this group together and working so hard. Your commitment to losing is great and the fact that you wanna help so many others do the same. You are a great motivator. I appreciate all the work you put into the challenges and group stuff.. I think YOU ROCK
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would like to take a min too say a huge THANK YOU to you jagrib0112 (Jen) for putting this group together and working so hard. Your commitment to losing is great and the fact that you wanna help so many others do the same. You are a great motivator. I appreciate all the work you put into the challenges and group stuff.. I think YOU ROCK

LIKE no I take that back LOVE!!!

I totally agree!! Thank you Jen for being so super amazing!!
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    ^ I agree! Thank you
  • Hartach
    Hartach Posts: 18
    Options
    I've never participated in a challenge, but I'd like to try.
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else. Thanks for leading this Jen!
  • aleah623
    aleah623 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you for organizing this!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Awwww. :blushing: You all are so sweet. Thank you. Really, I'm big on organizing and planning. So, this kind of thing is right up my alley. I'm glad that I can help motivate other people. Looking forward to getting to know those of you that I didn't know before.

I've broken up everyone into teams. I used a random number generator, so all of the teams are completely random - no strategy or planning involved on my part. Rather than sending out 44 PMs, I've arranged everyone in a spreadsheet:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArutZf2a6Ry5dEFsN0ZFOENrd3hjWEJJTHdUVkxxaHc&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0

The four people with the same color highlight as you are on your team. Please make sure you friend anyone you don't know and collaborate on a team leader and a team name. Again, get this info to me by Thursday evening, so I can set up the spreadsheet accordingly.

I will create a new post on Friday morning with the challenges for the week. I will also post the challenges on a separate tab in the spreadsheet, so everything is all in one place. Each day, team captains should PM me with the points for their team. This is all on the honor system - I hope everyone can remain truthful in this competition.

Also, just a note: we have a couple people who have submitted to me that they're interested in hjoining the challenge. I currently have them flagged as backups. That is, if someone on your team decides that they don't want to or can't participate any longer, I'll fill the empty space with a backup. If we happen to get five backups, they will have the option to start their own team.

If anyone has any questions, as I said before, PM me. :smile:

I'm super excited to see how this all goes! Good luck all!!!
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options

Agreed!! Thanks, Jen!! So excited!!
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Just sent out my friend requests to teammates. Can't wait to get started.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looks like I showed up a day late. Add me to your alternates list is someone drops out. Good luck!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Oooh! Sorry Renae! I probably should have posted over there again that I was closing the challenge. I think I'm up to 3 alternates right now, so there's pretty good potential to get a new team going soon! I will definitely let you know!!!
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    GREEN TEAM.. i started a thread for us... check it out.. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/300898-ltl-challenge-green-closed-group
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Okay Blue group we need a name and then we can start a team thread - Go Blue Team!!!!:drinker:
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Okay Blue group we need a name and then we can start a team thread - Go Blue Team!!!!:drinker:

Your weight loss is incredible! You are such an inspiration!
  • healthymern10
    Options
    would love to be in, i need all the help i can get and everyone sounds so motivated and i need that right now I have no one to push me through and I hope i can help as well

2506180.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Thanks cabaray- it has been a ten year battle to get this far I still have about 97 to go. I really believe I can do it now and all my friends like you on MFP keep me going when it gets hard or frustrating. Thanks!:flowerforyou: