Amy Winehouse Confirmed Dead

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's a damn shame. And a waste. So sad when someone doesn't care enough to live, whether it's booze, drugs, over-eating, under-eating, or just plain recklessness.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Like her voice, but surely we can not be shocked this happened. She has been on this path for a long time. Always sad when people have such talent but cant fight their demons!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    What sad news, especially for her family.
  • ascoope
    ascoope Posts: 42
    Options
    That's so sad : (
    Makes me sad that she had to die in that private hell. She was so young.
    If you haven't been there, there's no use speculating that she didn't want out. Sometimes wanting out isn't enough.
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    I liked her alot. Was sorry to hear hear of her death, but I do think Amy lived life the way she wanted to, and regardless of the outcome I have respect for that. May she rest in peace.

Very well said
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's crazy. Not like I didn't really see it coming but for it to actually happen...... What wasted talent.

RIP
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I loved her music. Wasn't a fan of her decisions. It's really sad though. May she rest in peace.
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    27 is a dangerous age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    They tried to make her go to rehab...

So talented. So troubled.

i can't tell if youre joking or not cause your sense of humor is killing me but i had to chuckle at this.

*shrug* there's plenty fo people who arent famous killing themselves with drugs...most of them are a waste too. i dont really feel bad for her, but rahter for those that loved her in her circle of friends and family.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options

i can't tell if youre joking or not cause your sense of humor is killing me but i had to chuckle at this.

*shrug* there's plenty fo people who arent famous killing themselves with drugs...most of them are a waste too. i dont really feel bad for her, but rahter for those that loved her in her circle of friends and family.

Mostly my exact sentiments.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Addiction , what can one say..........I loved her music too, kinda reminded me of the late troubled singer Janis Joplin who died in 1970 or so..........after Jim Morris and before Jimi Hendrix

I symptatize with people who suffer from addiction and dont judge.........who am I to judge , being that I have been addicted to food and hopefully will over come my addiction so I can enjoy the rest of my life

rest in peace Amy..............Lloyd
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

The first part was a joke. The second part wasn't. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    I liked her alot. Was sorry to hear hear of her death, but I do think Amy lived life the way she wanted to, and regardless of the outcome I have respect for that. May she rest in peace.

Very well said

I don't think anyone really wants to live life like that. It's a vicious whirlpool that sucks you under.

amy-winehouse-before-and-after.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options

RIP Amy. This is the first thing I thought when I heard. I'm old enough to have been affected when Joplin, Hendrix, and Morrison died. It is worth a shiver.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    It's a damn shame. And a waste. So sad when someone doesn't care enough to live, whether it's booze, drugs, over-eating, under-eating, or just plain recklessness.

With an addiction like hers, it's not that she didn't care enough. She wasn't able to care. That is what DRUG addiction can do.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    it is sad what a waste of a great talent !RIP
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Would people please stop jumping to conclusions as to the cause of her death.

Just because she was known for having an alcohol and drug problem does not necessarily mean that was the cause of her death. No details have been released yet.

R.I.P.

Just editing to add a quote from Sky News:

"On arrival, officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene," a police statement said.
    Her death is being treated as unexplained and inquiries are continuing into the circumstances, it added.
  • LorinaLynn
    Options

With an addiction like hers, it's not that she didn't care enough. She wasn't able to care. That is what DRUG addiction can do.

True, but I also wonder which came first. The addiction or the not caring. Either way, it was a serious and deadly illness. Same as Cobain's depression that lead him to take his life or Karen Carpenter's anorexia cutting her life short.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Always so sad when anyone passes away, she was a daughter, a granddaughter, maybe a sister, a wife, and for those you loved her and will miss her, my heart breaks.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    If it was drug related I'll say this. After being an alcoholic, drug-addict, and fighting bulimia, the responsibility fell on those around her and family to getting her help. She had fallen over that edge of getting help herself. Some of the worst drug addict/alcoholic cases EVER were able to get themselves help, but some can't. Tragic either way, but I cannot say I didn't see this coming.