Short Hair on Women

Options
124»

Replies

• boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Do It!!!!!!!! Love Rihannas hair cut!
    Usually about every 2-3 years i chop all of mine off. It grows back. I usually cut it off when my husband is being a butt. Sweet revenge lol but short hair is so much fun and the time I spend on short hair vs long hair is crazy!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I really love pixie cuts! My profile pic is from a year ago, I've been growing it out since, but am currently considering chopping it all off again. I'm not sure if I'm considered one of those who can "pull it off", but I got lots of compliments on it, and lots of people have asked why I'm growing it out.

I think it all depends on what you're comfortable with, if you feel good about your hair, you'll likely look good too :)

Katie

It does work for you!! :)
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Prefer long hair for many reasons; some I can't state on MFP! :blushing: But short hair looks great on some women, but I think you have to have the right face to go along with it. With that said: let your hair grow! :bigsmile:

Naughty, naughty.
  • meldaniel
    meldaniel Posts: 111
    Options
    Shaved my head in May for $ for cancer. It's growing out now and is almost long enough for a pixie. :) Love it and have never gotten so many compliments on my hair. Men seem to like it. :)

That is a very brave and cool thing to do! Good for you! I am a hairdresser and I think the details make the difference but most people can wear any length as long as it is done to suit their face shape/personal style. Mine is long right now and I usually chop it off, grow it out, chop it off again, etc etc.

I love hair styles of all lengths, however I think women often hide behind their hair because they feel it is security to them. Unfortunate because long hair that is pulled back in a sloppy bun everyday just looks bad, period. These women would be much further ahead to let go of the length and pick a medium or short style that they have time to style and wear proudly.

And men not "allowing" a woman to determine her own hair style???Uhhhh, I have alot of words for that but I will keep those opinions to myself for now. Whatever.

As a hairdresser I find that if a woman is heavier she usually should stick with a softer style if she wants short hair...like a longer sweeping bang framing the face, or something that makes the short style feminine and not "butch". Petite women can do the "pixie" because they look like "pixies" anyway!

Thats my 2 cents. :)