Size of clothing/ your weight?

Options

Replies

• MamaNatasha
    MamaNatasha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused about the sizes I'm wearing now. I weigh 171 and I really thought that I'd have to be at a much lower weight to fit into a size 8 dress, size 10 pants, and medium in most shirts.

I do wear a 34 G bra, smaller waist and large hips. I'm really shocked. I wonder what sizes I'll be wearing when I get to my goal!
  • p_barron
    p_barron Posts: 63
    Options
    5'6 size 14-16 jeans Large to 2x tops.... I have a very big chest
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 112 lbs. I'm size 1 in pants and XS in tops.
  • runner289
    runner289 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LOL :)
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    224 lbs, size 14ish, and an XL shirt most of the time lol im 6' tall.
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 170.5. I am wearing a M in tops and an 8 or 10 in pants. Just depends on the pants. I have to say that I am 45 and haven't been anywhere near a size 8 or 10 since I was about 17 years old. It is totally cool!!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft. 2 and 157lbs. I just got into a size 10 but a 12 is still ok, just loose in pants. Tops I wear a large usually. They gave me a medium at wok and it does fit strangely enough.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I am 5'4" 223lbs....I wear an 18 bottom, XL top and XL bottoms also.
  • Txglitter
    Txglitter Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    5'4 111lbs size 2 pants and small or x-small in shirt depending on how they are cut, I am very flat chested and have thin shoulders
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My height is 5' 10"
    When I was 240 lbs and 47 inches at the waist I was wearing size 42 pants and XL Shirts.

Now I am 200 lbs and 40 inches and can fit size 38 pants (I can fit into a size 36 pants but pant legs do not let me squat) I can definitely wear size 36 shorts. Also I can fit into a Large shirt now.:happy:
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    5'4'' about 140-143 ish area (haven't been able to weigh myself in about a month. So, I'm not really sure :ohwell: )

It really depends on the brands.

Mostly I fit into S/M in women and a M/L in juniors. I tried on a pair of jeans yesterday that were 28. In juniors I'm about a 5-7 US and women's 6-8 US.

Shirts are hard for me to give a sizing on. My bust size is a 34DD. I have a lot of issues with ...uh... popping out in some shirts that fit me otherwise.

Moral of the story. Who the heck knows with seemingly arbitrary clothing sizes what you'll be. Unless you are measuring pants by inches, you just never know.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am a bit confussed as to how I can be 5'4, 140 lbs and can't wear a size nine in Juniors. But someone that weighs more than me can wear a size nine. Makes no sense to me. I often wonder when I read these particular threads how many are being honest about that. I just don't get it!

Body shape makes a huge difference. If you are heavier at the bottom, you will probably where a larger size than someone who has a straighter shape or is heavier on the top. After that, body fat percentage plays a big role.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4.5" ~210, busty pear or hourglass shape depending on the week it seems. :D

I wear 16 in pants, 14-16 in dresses and skirts, 34H-HH, tops are L-XL depending on the material (I have trouble fitting my bust most of the time, tops are too short or too tight in the bust.
  • habakuktwofour
    habakuktwofour Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and in U.S. jeans/pants womans 4 or 6 juniors size 8 in pants. Shirts I'm a size small. I weight 120lbs. Oh and I'm also pear shaped.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Today, I weigh 136 lbs, and my height is 5'8" and the jeans I bought last week were NYDJ size 8 and ralph lauren size 8. I also bought two Ralph Lauren straight skirts inside 8, the waists are a little big. (Macy's sales are awesome) I wear a medium "tall" shirt or a size 8/10 in "button down shirts". (all US sizes, btw)

Since I am 53, I look better in clothes that "skim" my body rather than "cling"… I think how one likes their clothes to fit plays into the size we choose as well.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am a bit confussed as to how I can be 5'4, 140 lbs and can't wear a size nine in Juniors. But someone that weighs more than me can wear a size nine. Makes no sense to me. I often wonder when I read these particular threads how many are being honest about that. I just don't get it!

I think that junior sizes are "proportioned" different than "women's" vs "Talls" vs "petites" - the Junior clothing jeans never fit me right, even in Junior High and High School
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK size 14 all round =]

M in tops

I weigh 174
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Height: 5"10-5"11(yeah I got height for a chick and what..lol)
    weight: 208
    size: 14/16 in pants
    size: xl in shirts
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    I weight 202.
    I can get into a 10 but they're tightish..
    I don't like women's shirts....so I wear a Med in mens...and I was going through the boys section because I'm a dork and I like superheros...and I can wear a 2x in boys....size 18....woot. LOL
  • meganmueller12
    Options
    im 5 foot, and wear a size 14-15 pants, and large tops

thats why i started BODY BY VI today!! :))