Size of clothing/ your weight?

Options

Replies

• regina_mundi
    Options
    5'3", skinny fat 108 lbs.

Depending on the extent to which the manufacturer vanity sizes, I wear a size 0-4. I'm here because a pair of vanity-sized size 2 trousers is feeling a bit snug.
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 124 lbs and I'm a size 3 in juniors and a size 4 ladies but depends on the brand because I also wear a size 2 ladies in some brands.
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I always feel like an anomaly because of my height/proportions. I am about 5'7" and I have a small waist but somewhat wide hips and backside. I hover somewhere between 128-130 and even at my skinniest (125) I would never budge below an 8 in most jeans. If it is a skirt or dress sometimes I can go lower to a six. Almost always a medium in tops. Juniors sizes are all over the place between 9-11 pants depending on the brand.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    5'3.75"
    156.2 lbs

Pants - Size 10 (occasionally 8 or 12 depending on brand)
    Shirts - Size L/XL or 12/14
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    UGH it looks like I'm the fattest one on this thread

5'7"
    227 lbs
    20W pants
    XL/1X shirts
    18W dress
  • Ruthy420
    Ruthy420 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'M 5'2, WEIGH 180 AND WEAR MEDIUM IN TOPS AND SIZE 12 PANTS, AND 10 DRESS SIZE :-)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 125 lbs, in banana republic or ann taylor i'm a size 0 and a small top.
  • squeak1989
    Options
    5ft 7
    154lbs

UK Size 10-12
  • ahnpe
    ahnpe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'4", 147 lbs. and size 8 to 12 depending on the pants. Size small to large in tops- it all depends on how much room is allowed for the bust.
  • ASturtevant79
    ASturtevant79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 172 pounds and 5 feet 8 inches. I wear a size 10 and depending on the store a medium top but i prefer larges as I like the extra breathing room to hide the mommy tummy.
  • Mack6192
    Options
    I wear about the same sizes but weigh 175 and wear L or XL shirts...I don't like clingy shirts and my belly isn't ready for a M :)
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    5'10 229 now, 16 misses, large or xl shirt
    At 283 tight 20, xxl

Theres a pair of size 14 Dkny jeans hanging in my closet, just waiting... :)
  • MackenziePearce
    Options
    I know from past experiece that when I was about 85 kilos I was a size 16 both in pants and tops and the main sizing problem I has was getting clothes long enough in the sleeve or leg. But.. I am 176cms tall!! A few years down the track I am bigger but I also believe that clothes sizing can't be taken too seriously as the sizes change so often between stores (and I even suspect they change over summer to winter seasons).

I would suggest while finding a new outfit, don't worry so much about what size it is. Check yourself out in the mirror and if you think it looks right then it probably is! Avoid buying stuff that's in your 'size' and look more towards what is flattering your figure.
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've always found (American) women's sizing to be arbitrary.

I seriously have 4 pairs of shorts/pants that fit the exact same and they are sizes: 4,6,11, and 6 again. I even took a tape measure around the waist, and they're identical!

However:
    5ft
    108lbs
    Pants- anywhere between 4 and 11 (See above)
    Shirts S-M Depending on the cut.
  • change_happens
    Options
    hi. i think it depends on your height and how you carry your weight. my sister is 5'6" and she can't fit into anything in the juniors section. she wears a size 14 and can't wear a 12. i am 5'7" and can wear a size 15 in junior pant, size 7/8 junior shirt (or medium), and in women a size 12 jean (squeezing into a 10) and a medium shirt. My weight is 169lbs.

actually.... i take that back.... remembering past conversations... if memory serves me correctly... i think she wears a 12 or something around there. i don't know... but i do believe the height and where we carry our weight determines our clothing size. and for the most part... a junior 15 is nothing more than a 12 in ladies :) see... we can find ways to feel good about ourselves ;)
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I am 230 right now and in a very comfortable 16 pants (I hardly have a rear end, unfortunately) and a XL-1X shirt...depending on if it buttons up or not. W/ buttons, I have to go the 1X route. Without, I can generally get a XL but it just depends on the shirt. I have big bones (seriously) and hold my weight a bit differently. I am only 5'5.5" tall. I wear a size 11 in a shoe.
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 180 lbs, I wear size 12 pants and large shirts.
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    height: 5'7"
    weight: 131 lb >>>> 129
    shirt: s/m
    pants: 7-9 >>>>> 5-7 Juniors
    dress: 4-6

i remeasured and tried on clothes :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    150ish lbs and I fit between a 9 and 11 in clothes or size med.
  • MlissaB
    MlissaB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the brand, style and like others have said, how you carry your weight... I am 5'9" and 188 and wear a 16 pant and XL shirt, sometimes L, but it really depends on how it's cut. I'm not a big fan of tight clothes and found that they're a lot more flattering when they fit correctly so I stopped getting hung up on what the label says and worry more about how it looks and feels.

The thing that makes me nuts looking at others is that someone somewhere told people that tight is good, but even thin people can look fat or silly if their clothes don't fit properly. When did rolls become attractive?