Weight goes up after eating

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Never weigh after eating. Always weigh first thing in the morning, before eating anything. Your weight will fluctuate greatly during the day. Pay no attention to that.

I tend to weigh 2-3 lbs less if I weigh in around 3 pm or so. I used to weigh less first thing in the morning, but that's not the case now. Not sure why, guess we're all different. My advice? Pick a time, and stick with that, be it morning, noon, or midnight.

Kris

Me, too. I weigh the least around 3p.
  • Petunia32
    Petunia32 Posts: 24
    Options
    to those posters that said saliva... hello! the saliva is already in your body before you eat, she didn't eat saliva!
    Saliva isn't pre-made and stored in your body, your saliva glands constantly make it throughout the day and they increase production as you eat to aid digestion, just like your stomach increases production of gastric juices. The average person produces and swallows up to 2L's of saliva every day, you think that's just sitting in a little reservoir somewhere? No, it's produced constantly and swallowed constantly.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    to those posters that said saliva... hello! the saliva is already in your body before you eat, she didn't eat saliva!
    Saliva isn't pre-made and stored in your body, your saliva glands constantly make it throughout the day and they increase production as you eat to aid digestion, just like your stomach increases production of gastric juices. The average person produces and swallows up to 2L's of saliva every day, you think that's just sitting in a little reservoir somewhere? No, it's produced constantly and swallowed constantly.

Well no, but the saliva is made from something. You can't take make something out of nothing. You are using the water in your body to produce the saliva. Maybe other stuff too, but in any case, we are not producing matter from nothing, merely converting it. You might let off some mass in the form of energy in the process, but that would have the opposite effect, wouldn't it?
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Well no, but the saliva is made from something. You can't take make something out of nothing. You are using the water in your body to produce the saliva. Maybe other stuff too, but in any case, we are not producing matter from nothing, merely converting it. You might let off some mass in the form of energy in the process, but that would have the opposite effect, wouldn't it?

I stated that very simply because that was all that was needed. In other words, the parts of saliva are in your body and your body makes the saliva and thus the scale would see no change due to the amount of saliva produced. The production of saliva, sweat, tears, gastric juices, etc. all require energy to be made and are a part of your BMR.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    AAAAHHH Stop the madness!