How strictly do you log?

Options
13»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I don't eat enough calories (one of the major contributors to me getting too fat) so I have to log everything I eat to make sure I'm getting what I'm supposed to. Yesterday by bedtime, I had only eaten 900 calories so I had to go and get some more food. So I log everyday (use the app too).

:drinker: That is AwEsomE!!!!!

edited to add: awesome that you see your eating too little, and are changing that around. I am very proud of you

Thank you!

I gained 80 lbs when I got pregnant and couldn't figure out why I couldn't lose the weight. I was dieting, exercising like I'd lost my mind and nothing was coming off. Silly me, it took me 8 years to figure out to start actually counting my calories and I was stunned to realize that I rarely eat more than 1,000 calories a day.

My body thought it was starving so it was hoarding my calories and not letting a single one go.

Now that I've started counting calories and making sure I always hover around the 1200 to 1500 mark (if I exercise that day), the pounds are finally coming off.

we need an applause smiley!! :wink:
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    yep I log everything I actualy love the diary lol I find myself looking threw the days often seeing what I had and how its afecting my weight.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I log everything and measure everything, so if I put creamer in my coffee, it's with a measuring spoon.
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything but sometime I have to wait to log. The other night after I went to bed I realized I forgot to log a 90 calorie granola bar. I was so mad at myself.....LOL!!!!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I log every single thing I put in my mouth... just a personal preference.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Also, in a pinch, I use the cap of the dressing bottle to portion my dressing. A lot of the caps of foods are sized to the portions on the bottle.

I did an experiment on dressing, nuts (almonds by blue diamond and peanuts store brand) and they were both extremely close to the portion size rec on the nutrition lable.

I see the girls at work measuring their dressings now that way in the lunch room:laugh:

Aah, this is a good tip! Thank you!!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I log pretty much everything (including vegetables), except black coffee. I don't see the point of logging that since it's only 5 calories. But when I used to add in creamer and sugar it came up to 70-80 calories.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I try to log every, single thing I consume. This way I have the most accurate count every day.
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Every bit of everything.
    I had a tbsp of nutella on bread for breakfast and licked the knife so I put 1.3 tbsp in my diary. I would much rather over calculate what I ate than under calculate.
    But that's just me :happy:
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I log everything...the only part i struggle with is if my fiance has done a casserole and working out how much i've had as we do a large batch to freeze...rarely eat all my calories though, not on purpose,, but it gives me some leeway if i forget or measure wrong!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I log it all. My diary is two pages long, sometimes :blushing:
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I log every last bite, nibble or drop of oil I cook in! Definitely an eye opener but worth the trouble to make this an aware lifestyle :bigsmile:

although i don't log water - funny huh!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I log between 90-100% of everything I eat...But I always make sure that I've got at least 50 calories to spare just in case!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I log pretty much everything, but I only log low-calorie drinks for the sake of having a record really. I think it will be interesting to look back on what I drink in future, to see if things change.

Sometimes I don't log things like veggies that have hardly any calories, and sometimes I forget to log my water. I mean, it's mainly a calorie counter so if there are hardly any calories there is no point logging unless you want the record.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    There are foods I don't log because I don't feel they are going to make a difference over all - for example, plain green or herbal tea, a single bite of food (like when I'm tasting to make sure something is seasoned right or if I eat a nut while I'm giving my daughter some), and low cal/low fat condiments like mustard. Logging every little morsel honestly creeps me out a little. It feels too obsessive and reminds me of some of the pro-ana/mia sites. (And before anyone gets riled up, I'm NOT saying that everyone who counts every single bite they eat has an eating disorder! I'm just saying it would bug *me* if *I* logged every morsel.)
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    The only time I don't log everything is when I get hammered and can't remember how many gin and tonics I had! Oh - I don't log my low cal non-aspartame fizzy drinks if they're less than 10cals per litre either - too much faff. I do put in tea and coffee because I live in the UK too and I seem to drink tea endlessly through the work day (even though I don't actually like it that much!).