What kind of underwear do you wear to the gym?

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Ever since I lost weight, I never wear underwear...ever. I don't know why...I always wear a bra of course..ha that would be funny!

Booooooooorn freeeee! Free as the wind blooooows!:laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    I have to ask an important question.
    Do you run long distances? If so, do you get rub burns?

this made me laugh because I have done this once and only once. :noway:
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    I like to get nice and sweaty so I wear sweats and a long sleeved tshirt. maybe that is why I have lost 12 pounds already :bigsmile: so any underwear works.

Seriously?! I sweat my *kitten* off and I hate it. Leave sweat marks on the machine when I get up to clean it. Oh geesh:blushing: Can't wait to lose weight so I don't sweat like I just took a shower.
  • mellymlk

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Excellent, I have my answer.! :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    I like to get nice and sweaty so I wear sweats and a long sleeved tshirt. maybe that is why I have lost 12 pounds already :bigsmile: so any underwear works.

Seriously?! I sweat my *kitten* off and I hate it. Leave sweat marks on the machine when I get up to clean it. Oh geesh:blushing: Can't wait to lose weight so I don't sweat like I just took a shower.

I work out at home so the only sweat marks I'm leaving is on stuff that is mine! sorry I should have said that.:bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising

I work out at home so the only sweat marks I'm leaving is on stuff that is mine! sorry I should have said that.:bigsmile:

Eh, skinny people sweat too, especially runners. I sweat more now than I ever did 43lbs ago!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    There's nothing wrong with sweating...it's great!
  • mellymlk

Eh, skinny people sweat too, especially runners. I sweat more now than I ever did 43lbs ago!

Then all these people at the gym that barley sweat must not be working hard enough:tongue:
  • Girlmom282109

Then all these people at the gym that barley sweat must not be working hard enough:tongue:

I think that the skinny people :grumble: who go to the gym go to look at the guys or girls. :bigsmile: that is why they are not sweating. If they were really workig out they would be sweaty! JMO!! :drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I don't wear tight things at the gym. I wear jogging or track pants/capris. I wear just regular underwear. Besides, being at the gym isn't the same as being in a beauty contest :laugh: it's ok not to look your best.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    I don't wear tight things at the gym. I wear jogging or track pants/capris. I wear just regular underwear. Besides, being at the gym isn't the same as being in a beauty contest :laugh: it's ok not to look your best.

I agree. I look ROUGH when I'm in the gym. I don't care, I'm there to work out, not be cute.

(This being said, I am married, have been married for the past eon, and also work out in my workplace gym, which means there are no hotties to be had anyhow. If there was anyone remotely good looking down there, I might change my tune. -- Points for honesty???)
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    You guys are making me laugh histerically!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I thought I was the only one who had a sweaty butt when I worked out!!! :laugh: :sad: :laugh:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member

OK, this just means your are kicking *kitten* at working out. I am less then 10 pounds from my goal weight, and I'll tell you what....I sweat up a storm, sister! Like dripping off the ends of my hair, wring my shirt out sweaty. It just means you're doing a good job!
  • mellymlk

OK, this just means your are kicking *kitten* at working out. I am less then 10 pounds from my goal weight, and I'll tell you what....I sweat up a storm, sister! Like dripping off the ends of my hair, wring my shirt out sweaty. It just means you're doing a good job!

Awesome good to know, I wont be afraid to sweat anymore :smile:
  • I go thong most of the time but I've heard you can get Yeast Infections if you sweat too much in a thong.. yikes!!

I've heard that too, but I still wear one. I just change out as soon as I'm showered up. I think that's common sense no matter what you wear. You can shower all you want, but if you put that old stuff on your behind.... eew :tongue:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Who would have thought underware would have had so much imput not to mention too funny:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

I was thinking that as well....I'm not so sure that just cause you're heavier means you sweat more... I have such a habit of wiping down the machine before and after I use it (ahh hum...thankyou Seinfeld episode!) and I use the machines so often now... I give it such little thought anymore...just grab the hand towel and wipe em' down.:wink:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    I wear a sports bra and micro fiber Jockey underwear. They are like heaven.*sigh

The full cut low rise works best to work out in, for me anyways.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member

This makes two of us, then :wink: . I actually did reward myself with a new pair of sport pants when I got under 131lbs last time and feel much better than in the old ones. :smile: (Btw, I definitely did not look at my best today in the aerobic class when she was counting the last 8. I felt like I am exercising the muscles on my cheeks together with my arm ones :laugh: . I must've made a pretty ugly scene, grimacing as I was :laugh: )
This discussion has been closed.