Obese because of my DAD!

Options
13»

Replies

• l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    I blame, such as it is, my father for genetics. I am predisposed to diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity, cancer and many other fabulous health issues. However, what I put in my mouth and how much I exercise is on me. I'm overweight now because I've eaten too much and not exercised enough. That's the same reason you are overweight, too. You can waste your life blaming others and hating if you want, but at the end of the day it's still on you whether you want it or not.

Spite only goes so far as a motivational tool. If you dont take ownership of the responsibility/blame, you are going to end up right where you were before. Sure, you can lose weight then go see him once and try for a 'gotcha', but then what are you going to do?

As an aside, my father died when I was 19. I hadnt spoken to him for over a year at that point. Trust me, you dont want that on your conscience.
  • NatStylz
    NatStylz Posts: 38
    Options
    I blame, such as it is, my father for genetics. I am predisposed to diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity, cancer and many other fabulous health issues. However, what I put in my mouth and how much I exercise is on me. I'm overweight now because I've eaten too much and not exercised enough. That's the same reason you are overweight, too. You can waste your life blaming others and hating if you want, but at the end of the day it's still on you whether you want it or not.

Spite only goes so far as a motivational tool. If you dont take ownership of the responsibility/blame, you are going to end up right where you were before. Sure, you can lose weight then go see him once and try for a 'gotcha', but then what are you going to do?

As an aside, my father died when I was 19. I hadnt spoken to him for over a year at that point. Trust me, you dont want that on your conscience.

I do get your point I do want to prove him wrong, but also I want to help him too as he drinks too much and eats a lot of junk food. Hes always said he wanted to join a gym but he never did it. Me losing weight can hopefully influence him aswell. I'm sorry about your dad though, it puts into perspective how lives can be short
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!