What's your go-to breakfast food?

Options

Replies

• khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Boring oatmeal too. Completely plain. I don't know why but I can't go without it. Weird I know.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    peanut butter on a spoon :)
  • dianeboehm
    dianeboehm Posts: 16
    Options
    Organics Plain yogurt with raspberries and blueberries topped with Natures Path Organic Flax Plus Pumpkin Granola, coffee with fat free creamer and blue agave. Been eating this every morning for the past 2 years!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    kashi cereal, and fage (same meal, not mixed)
  • jhalpin78
    jhalpin78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Plain nonfat greek yogurt and fruit.. sometimes with a little honey. Greek yogurt is like.. WonderFood!
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I love Carnation Instant Breakfast made with soymilk...yum!
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein powder and frozen banana blended with water and ice
  • snikrepa2003
    Options
    2 Strips of thick cut bacon and two over-easy eggs
    1 cup of Breakfast Blend Coffee w/ heavy cream and splenda

Or if I am feeling sassy I eat two scrambled eggs with sausage, cheese, and jalepenos! :P

I have been doing this for 2 weeks and lost 8 lbs...
  • thirteenways
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt (the 100 calorie mini size) w/ raspberry granola mixed in and a banana.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Flax seed muffin with bacon, and sometimes cream cheese on top. Bacon or sausage on the side.
  • lanamilo
    lanamilo Posts: 15
    Options
    1 small egg and 1-2 egg whites. (my SO's Brother has chickens, so I get fresh eggs from him. The size varies a lot)
    1/2 slice of turkey bacon cooked with the eggs.
    3 JD turkey sausage links.

Lots of protein. Probably too much sodium. I like it and it keeps me full until 12-1pm when lunch time comes around at work. I rarely need a morning snack.

I'll be on this kick for a while. I go thru oatmeal phases, cold cereal phases, egg phases.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    A cup of yogurt with 2 teaspoons of "Holy Crap" cereal stirred in, which is Chia, Hemp Seeds, Buckwheat and dried cranberries. Google it! You'll all wish you could find it in the US!
  • CandyJ9
    CandyJ9 Posts: 38
    Options
    Trader Joe's French Village yogurt - 130-140 calories
    Nature Valley Dark Chocolate & Roasted Nut bar - 140 calories

That is when I'm up early enough for breakfast.

But what I've really been craving is a big pan of fried potatoes with polish sausage, bel peppers and onions topped with perfectly cooked over easy eggs. Agh. I need to plan on a really good workout day so I can satiate this craving.
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    I have greek yogurt for breakfast every morning... boring, but it's easy! On the weekends I like to mix it up with mushroom and spinach omlettes.
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    2 egg omelete
    or
    1/2 banana soy agave smoothie with LSA/ berry and chia seed soy smoothie with vanilla
    or
    avocado and tomato on a slice of multigrain bread
    or
    gluten free cereal
    or
    Unsweetened sheep yoghurt with pomegrantes, passionfruit and agave
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with fruit
    raisin toast
    wheat biscuits :)
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    all bran cereal, one cup blueberries, unsweetened soy milk. have this for breakfast EVERY morning. love it so much i look forward to it the night before.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean cereal
    Protein shake
    OR
    Whole wheat English Muffin with turkey bacon, egg whites, and tomatoes
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch mixed in. I also like a handful of whatever berries are in season tossed in the mix (or frozen berries if it isn't growing season).
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I like oatmeal, too. I used to hate it. But now I eat it regularly, and without sugar! It takes a while to adapt to the taste, for sure. Now I stir in a little peanut butter and skim milk.

I also like slicing strawberries and bananas, putting them in a bowl, and covering them with fat-free vanilla yogurt. YUM.