I need some help if anyone is around

Options
2»

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I went for months and could not lose a pound. I found this site and realized I was not eating enough. I upped my calories to what it said and started to lose. Most of us think diet means don't eat. When what we are doing is creating a healthier lifestyle and losing the extra weight because of our healthier choices.
    Keep up the exercise and keep working towards being a healthier new you!
    Kelly
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    1) eat your exercise calories!
    2) you only have 25 pds left to lose, you should be trying to lose about 1 lb per week, thus 1200 cals a day is likely too low for your body
    3) when you have less weight to lose it comes off slowly, you need to be patient.
    4) Be sure to take time off from exercising! Nobody can work out intensely everyday. Your body needs recovery time.

I didn't read all of the above replies, so if I overlapped on others answers I apologize! :flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    thank so much, yes, I will keep this all in mind:) I am getting ready to walk today, as well as go into shop. I am going to pick up a few "new" snacks like the ones FitnessChick mentioned so I am sure to get all my "exercise" calories eatin:) I know it's going to work:) Im going to just stay away from the scales and measuring tape and focus more on how much better I feel:) Then one day, I'll go to put on a pair of these jeans and there will be so much room in them I will have to go to my "stored" size 3 wranglers, LOL!!! denise in Sams Valley Oregon:)

Just hang in there. I've been very up and down since attempting to lose weight, but I know that we must stick with what we are doing because if you quit you could gain back the 3 lbs. And try not to think of it as only 3 lbs. Anything that's less than what you were is good right. If weight gain takes time, than you must understand that weight loss also will take time. I know it's hard because we want the weight gone right now, but just keep working hard.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhhhh, that's exactly what I did!!! I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew and then be all beating up on myself so I didn't start the exercise right away!! Just like you!!:) Im really excited after reading this, thank you soooooooooo much:) I will keep all of you folks posted and, look forward to reading and maybe even encouraging some of you as you have me:) Denise in Sams Valley Oregon:)

Hi ALL, just to make sure I am understanding this right, here is my little chart just for todays food:

Total: 711 42 47 6 5 4
    Your Daily Goal: 1,469 201 48 55 100 24
    Remaining: 758 159 1 49 95 20

Instead of my usual 1200 or so calories I need to eat per day, it looks like I need to consume 1469 to be right with my program. Anyone is welcome to tell me if this is not correct and I am still missing the "extra calorie" intake I need from exercise.

Thanks all, you've helped me so much, denise:bigsmile:

Yes, that is it exactly! I thought the same thing. I started with no exercise and ate 1200 cals a day. I took 2-3 weeks with this to get used to eating good foods. I then added the exercise and STOPPED losing weight! I couldnt believe it, i was in dispare.

I posted my issue and someone bumped the Banks plateau post and eat your cals post. It was like a lightbulb going on in my head. I started eating my exercise cals and immediately started losing again.

It is a lifelong journey, but you can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Oh thanks kelly!!!! I am so blessed to have found this site! Im off to go for my walk now but maybe talk to some of you later today!! I so hope I can return the help and encouragement youve all given me! Yeeeeeeeeeehaw!!!! denise in Sams Valley Oregon:)
    I went for months and could not lose a pound. I found this site and realized I was not eating enough. I upped my calories to what it said and started to lose. Most of us think diet means don't eat. When what we are doing is creating a healthier lifestyle and losing the extra weight because of our healthier choices.
    Keep up the exercise and keep working towards being a healthier new you!
    Kelly
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    thank you darlin, VERY much:) Yes, I will get in a day of rest along the way. My walks are about 3 - 3.5 an hour and I walk for about 70-90 minutes just depending on my energy level. It's pretty low key but i will be starting some more intense things if things go as planned. I love this way of changing to a healthier eating and exercise plan. There are so many scams out there and I am seeing now how many people are being deceived:( Im spreading the word as fast as I get it here and so hope to see some loved ones showing up on this site. Thank you again and I need to get on with my exercise this a.m. See you soon, denise in Sams Valley Oregon:)

1) eat your exercise calories!
    2) you only have 25 pds left to lose, you should be trying to lose about 1 lb per week, thus 1200 cals a day is likely too low for your body
    3) when you have less weight to lose it comes off slowly, you need to be patient.
    4) Be sure to take time off from exercising! Nobody can work out intensely everyday. Your body needs recovery time.

I didn't read all of the above replies, so if I overlapped on others answers I apologize! :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I've lost quite a bit, and yes i DID eat my exercise calories. Almost every last one..I love my food! lol :) Give it a try, you'll be suprised by the difference it can make. Just be sure to fill the extra calories with fuel for your body and not junk :flowerforyou:
    Good luck! You can do this, and congrats for being so consistent :flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Right on Lauren, thank you so much and congratulations on your wonderful success!!! I know you will reach your goal as well:) Fitness chick gave me some foods to add in to reach my goal of calories per day. If you have any to add please feel welcome to share k??? Thanks again and I look forward to more communication here on these forums! What a blast:) I so admire the folks here and their accomplishments!! denise, in Sams Valley Oregon 0002024C.gif PS Who knows, if I keep this up I may be country dancin again before I know it!!
    I've lost quite a bit, and yes i DID eat my exercise calories. Almost every last one..I love my food! lol :) Give it a try, you'll be suprised by the difference it can make. Just be sure to fill the extra calories with fuel for your body and not junk :flowerforyou:
    Good luck! You can do this, and congrats for being so consistent :flowerforyou: