Do you ever fill out your diary ahead of time?

Options
13»

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I usually fill mine out a week in advance and then tweak it as I go. I plan my meals ahead of time anyway, so rather than writing it down I just put it on here! It also helps me know what I need to get from the grocery store. It's also useful if I know that I'm going to have a heavy meal one evening for whatever reason, then I can plan lighter meals around that.
  • Mollywater
    Mollywater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat, and sometimes log a meal prior to eating, but haven't gone the step further and logged an entire day's meals, the day before. I want to try this as I feel that I am way more on plan if I have it all written down. I am much better at following my own rules or plans, if left open, it leads to spontaneous eating which is NOT good.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I fill it out in the morning and then adjust it later if I find I ate some different or added additional beverages or whatever. It's not set in stone, but it's nice to see the plan laid out.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I almost always plan ahead, but then it almost always changes, so I'm not sure whether or not it does me any good to plan!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    No, never. I use my food diary to keep track of what I have eaten, not plan what I will eat.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    God yeah, I always fill it out ahead of time. I will often sit down at like 10pm and fill out my whole day for tomorrow as I make my own food and freeze it. I know exactly what I am having even for snacks.

I don't have a whole heap of time during the day and am busy when I get home with 2 small kids, gym etc so I need to plan my meals but I love doing it.

Always pre-populate my food diary.
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I always fill out my diary ahead of time. With work during the day and working out in the afternoons, I never know how my day is going to go. At least if I fill it out before the day starts, I can make changes if I have excerised a little more or if I need to eat a little less because of extra snacking. It's more convenient and I can pack my lunches for work better.
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    Bruce,

I just did this myself. If I can, I try to plan ahead. It does make it easier to know where I stand for the day so I know what I can or can't have later on. Makes tracking and eating much easier in my book!
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wanted to add another note or benefit I've noticed to filling out or planning it ahead.

The one thing I noticed that I was not able to stay within goal was sodium. Today, through some planning I will most likely be under for the first time ever on my sodium. So planning that through the day seems to make it much easier to manage specific "trouble spots"
  • Monika135
    Monika135 Posts: 66
    Options
    I started out filling out as I went, then moved to filling out my lunch in the morning, then today I've filled out my breakfast, lunch, and dinner already since I know what I'm having.

For some reason I'm finding it cathartic and good for discipline. Coolest thing is it allows me to know that I have x amount of extra calories to work with through the day so when I feel 'snacky' I don't have to worry. My diary is public feel free to check it out.

So... am I nuts or does anyone else do this?

Regards,
    Bruce

PS - Philly cooking creme gets 5 Stars in my book to add flavor to meats and pasta.
  • Monika135
    Monika135 Posts: 66
    Options
    I almost always end up logging half my day ahead of time... especially since I have the same thing often for breakfast and snacks...I like it, gives me a quick "overview"....
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!I do the same thing.i`m more accountable if it`s already logged.No you`re not crazy.I think it`s a good form of disicpline also.
    good luck on your journey
    jane
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I started logging my day in the morninsg this week. I am doing it because some days I work out with a trainer (burn more calories), some days I walk/jog on my treadmill and some days I don't do anything. By logging in the morning I can cover my extra calories all day rather than just after I workout when it's usually 7:30pm and I still have 450 calories left or something like that. It helps me alot.