subway

Options
What do you get from Subway? I need something new, I alternate between the turkey on wheat and tuna on wheat (though Tuna is special occasion because of the fat), but today I think if I took one more bite of my turkey sub I was going to puke. I can't stand it anymore.

So what do you eat....and if you would be so kind, what kind of bread, what do you get on it and what's the nutritional info....I know that's asking a lot and me being really lazy, but I would soooooo appreciate it. That's why I keep getting turkey, I've already got the info saved and I really hate trying to figure out the nutritional info.

I've got the rest of my sub for dinner tonight, yay (note sarcasm).

Replies

• kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    black forrest ham with , lettuce, tomato, peppers, cukes on 9 grain wheat (290 cals) plus Amer cheese (40 cals) for a total of 330 calories. i don't like mayos/dressings, so I skip that. The Subway website has a great and informative nutrition info... http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/Files/NutritionValues.pdf
  • vnelson17
    vnelson17 Posts: 31
    Options
    I like the oven roasted chicken sandwich on wheat with spinach (no cheese), spicy mustard, loaded with all the veggies and vinegar. Its pretty good.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    sweet onion chicken teriyaki or the oven roasted chicken breast
  • softballerchik1
    softballerchik1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I get a veggie sub with american cheese, oil and mustard or honey mustard or sweet onion.
    or
    I get the oven roasted chicken breast with veggies and honey mustard.
  • KQmom
    KQmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    oven roasted chicken breast, and now they have avocado!!!
  • emiller2848
    Options
    oven roasted chicken salad is my choice most of the time....only 130 calories and very filling....also the oven roasted chicken on wheat is good. Make sure to swap up different things or you will get bogged down and may make some not so healthy choices!
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Club on whole wheat light mayo, sub sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, hot peppers. Its 360 cals
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Sweet onion teriyaki on whole wheat, no cheese, toasted.

lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers (DH does tomatoes but I don't like tomatoes) and the sweet onion sauce.
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was just there this weekend getting a sub and we now get the flatbread...so much better and moister in my opinion...yummo!! and I never get cheese, just lean meats and most all vegies....and always honey mustard...and I took an informational and nutrition guide from the store (they have them by the checkout with all calories, etc, for everything) so I have it at home or work at all times....
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Have to agree with Venus. The flatbread is to DIE for ! I get it with black forest ham, green peppers, extra spinach (then I ask them for even more spinach), then top it off with those oregano spices they have. Oh mama, is that good!!! Usually love mayo and mustard, but this one doesn't need it because it's full of flavor. I make sure they toast it. Ok, gotta get over there now. My mouth is watering :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Oven roasted chicken breast on wheat with provolone, all veggies (except onions and all kinds of peppers) plus spinach. I have them toast it with the tomatoes already on it and add just the barest swipe of yellow mustard. 370 calories for the 6".
  • catalame
    catalame Posts: 40
    Options
    I have the salad as bread makes me reaallllyyy unwell! Chicken Teriyaki Sweet Onion one x
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    Options
    Black forest ham on flatbread or 9 grain, NO cheese, yes avocado, all veggies EXCEPT for onions, olives, and pickles, yes on jalapenos, and then either yellow mustard or vinegar (no oil) and pepper.

Sandwich is about 290 and avocado adds 70.
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i used to go with the turkey on wheat.. HOWEVER.. the sodium is SOOOOO HIGH!! i thought about it and honestly.. i can't even taste the meat.. so.. now i go with the veggie on flatbread.. spicy mustard and a splash of vinegar.. i get the $5 footlong.. half for the first day and half for tomorrow!! **you can always add home cooked chicken to it for your leftovers.. TOTALLY saves on sodium!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I love the Oven Roasted Chicken Breast on the 9 whole grain bread...I added up using the scale they have what I would be eating...now not so happy :( But here is their scales online and you can save them as a PDF for your own use. I just made a simple spreadsheet to calculate what I would eat added together...I will be rethinking subway :(

http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/Files/NutritionValues.pdf

The counts I got for a 6 inch oven roasted chicken breast, on the 9 whole grain bread with american cheese, tomatoes (I usually ask for double tomatoes) and black olives, with the lite mayo are as follows:

Calories=485
    Carbs=51.5
    Fat=17.5
    Protein=25
    Fiber=4
    Calium=100

I typically buy a foot long, half now and half for later, cheaper and easier that way. And I ask them to cut it into 4ths so if you feel full after just a quarter put it away...I find it easier to put away 3/4 of the sandwich than 3/4 if I've chewed on half of a 6 inch...I'm strange...but even with that I may be rethinking subway next time...but it was so quick and convenient yesterday, and I guess as long as I don't do it often I'm ok...
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    6" wheat bread. Meats either turkey or ham or combo, or subway club, or chicken teriyaki. I typically do not get cheese, though sometimes I do get American. its 40 calories for the 2 triangles. I load my subs up with veggies: lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, cucumbers. No sauce. These subs range from 280-400 calories depending on the combo.
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i have sweet onion chicken teriaki on 6inch italian herbs and cheese bread.. i just have lettuce and cucumber with it. according to subway it has 347 calories and only 4.2 gram of fat. its my favourite :)
  • temptress75519
    temptress75519 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Veggie Sub with everything veggie, one slice of swiss cheese per 6 inches, extra tomatoes, very light mayo, toasted for half the time before the veggies and a little avocado when Im feeling indulgent. Really tasty:

footlong w/o Avocado:

Cal: 560 Fat: 19.5 Sodium: 750

6 inch w/o avocado:

Cal: 280 Fat: 9.75 Sodium: 375

I wont go into avocado because it depends on how much you want and 70 calories worth is not that much...thats why its an indulgence for me.
  • temptress75519
    temptress75519 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Veggie Sub with everything veggie, one slice of swiss cheese per 6 inches, extra tomatoes, very light mayo, toasted for half the time before the veggies and a little avocado when Im feeling indulgent. Really tasty:

footlong w/o Avocado:

Cal: 560 Fat: 19.5 Sodium: 750

6 inch w/o avocado:

Cal: 280 Fat: 9.75 Sodium: 375

I wont go into avocado because it depends on how much you want and 70 calories worth is not that much...thats why its an indulgence for me.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I get the veggie sub, always on wheat. With lettuce, tomato and peppers.
    That's about 260 calories :)