For the runners out there...

Options
2»

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.hughston.com/hha/a_17_2_4.htm

Hi Carrie! Here's a great "how to" for figuring out your foot type.:flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Im normal! haha
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I started off 240pounds back in feb and could barely walk on a tredmill for 20min.. lol Well recently I started running and I just run/walk to the church and back and push myself as hard as i can, walk when i cant run adn run when I can. Just start slow! If I can this... ANYONE CAN!
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think that website runnersworld.com has some articles on finding the right shoes too.
  • crimsonjen
    Options
    As someone who went through basic training in Canada in 2007 I can tell your brother that most PT sessions are 40 minutes at 5 am and they are almost all running except when you stop to do pushups. There's hardly any warm up and cool down or stretching.

If he can run for 40 minutes straight then he should be good. He doesn't have to be really fast but I'd say a good place for him to start is to be able to run at 6 mph on a treadmill for 40 minutes.

I'm not that fast by a long shot and it sucked to always be behind the platoon but as long as you never walk they can't write you up. can't? won't? I've never seen it happen. It's the ones who can run faster who slack off that get in trouble and the ones who persist in walking occasionally. Even looking like you are running is enough if you are trying to run while sick as a dog.

If he wasn't more info he can go to www.army.ca it's packed with info for people wanting to join on all aspects from fitness to what to expect at basic and beyond.