Whats for dinner tonight!?

Options
Im excited to get back into the swing of things and start cooking more healthy and satisfying meals (you guys would die over if I told you how my eating habits have been lately... Even my 5 yr old has noticed. "Mommy where's the vegetables?" I know, I know.. it was terrible.. -_- ) That was a wake up call for sure.. If my 5 yr old cares enough about eating the right things, then should I! Sooo tonight for dinner were having...

Grilled Asparagus w/ Garlic & Basil Grilled Tomatoes and Grilled Chicken Breast in an Apricot sauce

I dont know how my daughter will like the asparagus tho, so any feed back and/or suggestions from you guys' experiences with your children would be great!

Im sooooo amp'd to try it!! :happy:

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Ribeye steak
    Baked potato
    Turnip greens
    Corn on cob
    salad
  • ashleysmommy
    Options
    I am very lucky my daughter is so not picky. I however don't like asparagus or tomatoes but otherwise that sounds good. :laugh:
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I'm either having eggplant and green tomatoes with Panko bread crumbs in the oven or a healthy version of tuna casserole:bigsmile:
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Ground beef cooked with cabbage and onions, cantaloupe

It's a weird week; dh has to work late all week and the kids are both gone. So it's just little ol' me ...
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    white chicken chili :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    We are having turkey and refried black bean tostadas.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Steak tips on the grill and veggies from the garden!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My children 5 and 3 love asparagus, they have had it from a very early age as it made a good finger food! Sounds like a wonderful dinner, i can imagine the apricot sauce will be very nice especially to a child.
  • Degator
    Degator Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Was having turkey chili, but think I just burnt it!
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    brown rice, mixed veggies and chicken breast
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    this...http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Tilapia-Parmesan/Detail.aspx
    I leave out the lemon juice (b/c I just can't stand lemon juice on seafood. call me weird.)
    I also use ranch dressing instead of mayo.
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Chicken and guacamole tacos! With a side of rice. :)
  • terrie98
    terrie98 Posts: 49
    Options
    Buffalo chicken pizza... found the recipe on another post. I'll have to search again to find it so I can make it!! I think it was around 183 per slice..

+salad w/ balsamic
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Chicken, brown rice, and veggies :drinker:
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Salad
    Homemade Chicken Jambalaya
    Whole Grain Rice
    Grilled Asparagus w/olive oil & spices

Yum :)
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine gave me an idea to use on my picky eater husband who doesn't like my "diet" foods.

She wanted to have salmon for dinner one night, so she asked the kids (who were 4 and 5) to pick what they wanted on it. She sliced Lemon, had garlic out, pepper, cilantro butter, etc.... and the kids made their own toppings. And they loved it! They request a salmon night weekly so they can try new things. I did this with my husband and each week, he tries something new with his salmon filet.

Last night, I made a crumb topping on my fish with panko breadcrumbs, some italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, kraft mayo with olive oil and some additional olive oil for moistness and I put that on top of my salmon, and I was asked to put it on the rest of the fish by the husband. it was a HUGE hit, and really wasn't bad in calories, either.... I estimated it at an additional 75 calories for the topping.
  • Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    We're having grilled ribeye steak, wheat pasta and a garden salad. I have a 7 year old. I find that if I let him help me cook something new that I want to try, he'll be willing to try it. My son is a meat eater like dad but he does eat a few veggies. One of the things I'm surprised he likes is brown rice. He loves it. I even have a hard time with brown rice because rice is my enemy, lol.
  • EvyMaria
    EvyMaria Posts: 6
    Options
    I've had a small piece of salmon and prawns with avacado, a mixed salad with light french dressing and a couple of slices of wholegrain baguette, super yummy!!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Grilled turkey burgers with broccoli and side salads.

As for the asparagus and your 5 year old... cut it up into small pieces and try spritzing some lemon on it with some garlic.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    tilapia filet
    broccoli yellow
    yukon potato