30 Pounds and Counting! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• misty8176
    misty8176 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join this group. I'll be 35 on the 1st and am getting married next July. I'm 5'6" weigh 194, and would like to get to 150 before next summer. My heaviest was 199.
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ran this morning with the hubby! Yahoo! It feels so good to have completed my workout by 6:30 this morning. Its hard to get up but I really am liking the way it makes me feel throughout the day!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hey! I kinda know how you feel!
    I went bike riding around 8:30-9:15 and I felt great afterwards! Then I went to the gym for an hr. Phew!! Glad I'm home. I'm kind of pooped now. That was a little more than I usually do :laugh:

I weighed in at 155 this morning :bigsmile: Same as yesterday!
  • rmjj5
    rmjj5 Posts: 55
    Options
    After comminuting to work on my bike(1 hr in total), tonight I am going to do 30 minutes of the Beachbody 10 minute trainer. I am posting it on here so that I will be held to doing it :happy:
  • 9cj8
    9cj8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am 19 years old and 5'7. My starting weight was 170 lbs, I am now around 163 pounds and would like to get down to the 140-145 lbs area. This group sounds great, keep it up everyone!

Catherine
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    After comminuting to work on my bike(1 hr in total), tonight I am going to do 30 minutes of the Beachbody 10 minute trainer. I am posting it on here so that I will be held to doing it :happy:

Did you do it yet?? :bigsmile:
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Nothing....... not one pound! Very frustrated! I have been so good about my calories and have worked out consistently for 3 weeks. I have read one some other posts that maybe I should up my calories. My base is 1200 and I have been pretty good about eating all of my exercise calories. The only thing is that I am not hungry. I can't imagine eating more!

Oh well I am going to try and not let this discourage me.
    Better luck next week I guess!
    Hope everyone is doing good!

-Candice
  • rmjj5
    Options

I did!! Thanks for checking up on me - I need it
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Good morninggg!

Today was my weigh in day and I lost 1.4 pounds, which is perfect because I'm shooting to lose 1.5 lbs a week. I hope I can keep up this pace :)

How is everyone doing?
  • rmjj5
    Options
    Candice - try to stay positive:flowerforyou: Try upping the calorie intake and see how you do next week. I know that it can be frustrating but the scale isn't always the best judge - do you feel better in general and are your clothes fitting differently?
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yes they are actually! That is what is keeping me going! That and I feel so good! I will have to measure inches so that I can really tell if i am getting leaner.

Good job Alexandra! Keep up the good work!

Went for another run this morning. It feels so good to have my workout done early.
  • MissyFit08
    Options

I did!! Thanks for checking up on me - I need it

You're welcome! Add me as a friend if you want more support!
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    Nothing....... not one pound! Very frustrated! I have been so good about my calories and have worked out consistently for 3 weeks. I have read one some other posts that maybe I should up my calories. My base is 1200 and I have been pretty good about eating all of my exercise calories. The only thing is that I am not hungry. I can't imagine eating more!

Oh well I am going to try and not let this discourage me.
    Better luck next week I guess!
    Hope everyone is doing good!

-Candice

My base calories run about 1500. I don't eat all of them everyday, including my exercise calories. But other days I'm starving and I eat every bit of my base + exercise calories. Change it up and be sure you aren't eating too many breads, rice and pastas. Stick more with the fresh foods and drink lots of water!
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    Good morninggg!

Today was my weigh in day and I lost 1.4 pounds, which is perfect because I'm shooting to lose 1.5 lbs a week. I hope I can keep up this pace :)

How is everyone doing?

Whoohoo for you!! I lost 2.6 pounds this past week and I'm shooting for just 2 lbs next wednesday. I got a little depressed because I didn't drop it as fast as the first week until I calculated that I indeed lost the same amount as last week. :bigsmile: You'll keep it up til you hit a plateau then change it up and get rolling again! We can do this!!
  • rmjj5
    Options
    So I am down 4 this weigh in for a total of 7 all together. I know 4 seems like a big number but I am positive it is all water weight as for the first time in my life I made sure I drank 8 glasses a day. Thank u water!!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    So I am down 4 this weigh in for a total of 7 all together. I know 4 seems like a big number but I am positive it is all water weight as for the first time in my life I made sure I drank 8 glasses a day. Thank u water!!

That is awesome! That's actually my goal this week is to drink more water... So hopefully I can get a good drop too :)
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Slowly been losing weight. Great job with the workouts everyone. Keep up the good work!
  • cgates33
    cgates33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! Sorry I haven't chimed in until now! It was very difficult to stay on track this weekend, but I figured August 1st/Monday would be a perfect time to start.

To introduce myself: I am 25, 5'7 and will be weighing myself tonight at the gym (as of last week I was 152 but I am not certain about the current number yet...scary since this weekend I baked for friends!!!) Through MFP, training for half marathons and races, and taking on a more active and enthusiastic lifestyle, last year I lost 30 pounds in 4 months and toned to my best body ever. Since March 2011 I have gained the pounds back due to a less structured lifestyle (classes, 6 year old daughter, work, etc etc) and want to lose about 30 pounds by December and then maintain and tone for my March 2012 wedding! (and after of course) I have been trying to diet for a month now and my business in baking has completely sidetracked it. None of my clothing will fit correctly and it is a must that I start right away---I refuse to buy bigger clothes.

I lost the weight before and I know with motivation---we all can now!!! I look forward to cheering each other on!

I will post my current weight tonight!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Well I got down to my lowest weight this past weekend which is great. But it's slowly crept up about 2 pounds over the past few days. Fighting my way back down again hoping to hit that number again this weekend. Wish me luck.
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I am exactly the same as I was last week...154.8...I had changed my calorie intake from 1,500 to 1,300 and maintained after gaining a pound back. I know when I gained it. It was with that yummy Sunday meal I cooked. :grumble: Grr. So today I changed it from 1,300 BACK to 1,500. We'll see how I do this week. Hopefully much better, it feels kind of frustrating because I started the 30DS in addition to bike riding so I KNOW i'm not getting enough calories.:sad: I really hope this week is going to be better. I do not want to gain even .1 pound!

If you guys could take a look at my food diary and see what else I can do to help myself I would appreciate the advice of my group
    :smile: Thanks!
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    Well I got down to my lowest weight this past weekend which is great. But it's slowly crept up about 2 pounds over the past few days. Fighting my way back down again hoping to hit that number again this weekend. Wish me luck.

I know how it is, I'm fighting back that pound I gained. That I gained from one day! Are you eating enough calories? j/w