First Stone / 14lbs??? How long?

Options
2»

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2 to 2.5 months for me to lose a stone/14 lbs.
  • smudger_24
    smudger_24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! But at your weight, its pretty impossible to lose 7lbs of fat in one week! I know its exciting to see changes on the scale, but it's really important to have realistic exceptions :):) A good part of that weight loss is very likely to be water weight. So don't feel discouraged that you gained a little back this week. In general you are still losing a lot! Personally it took me two months to lose 10lbs, so, 14lbs will take about 3 months. :):)

Just so you can lower your chances of gaining the weight back, losing 1-2lbs a week is a good rule of thumb.

Thanks for the reply, thats good to know. I think I am being typically female and impatient!!
  • smudger_24
    smudger_24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2 to 2.5 months for me to lose a stone/14 lbs.

Thats great, well done : )
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    44lb is excellent - well done : )

I hope my loss is as good in 5 months time x

Aww thanks hun. That's really nice of you to say! I'm sure you'll do great with MFP behind ya :flowerforyou:
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    They don't know what a stone is in America? But they use pounds as well as KG don't they? so confused xD
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    I think you put weight on because you lost so much at first and your body knows its not healthy to lose so much so soon (as much as we would like to). Its healthy to lose half to two pounds a week so give yourself time to lose that first stone.

Also it will depend on how u ate before you started MFP. I started eating better before joining so I didnt lose as much as my husband who lost 10 ponds in his first week because of the sudden change to his eating habits!! 10 pounds!1 but he did put some back on and is now losing a healty 1.5 pounds a week.

Everyone is individual though so don't put too much pressure on yourself. I was soooo impatient but I'm recognising now that this is not a sprint!!!!!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    They don't know what a stone is in America? But they use pounds as well as KG don't they? so confused xD

I'm from the US but it really annoys me when people don't know what a stone is. Educate yourselves!
  • Jrh2os
    Jrh2os Posts: 28
    Options
    I started at 180 and lost about 1-1/2 lbs a week the first few months, then leveled out to about a pound a week. Lost a total of 38 pounds in 29 weeks. During that time, I've hit plateaus for up to 4 weeks, (where I still seem to get smaller), then I'll lose a few pounds quickly. I've been VERY strict about not going over my allowed calories and I exercise almost every day .
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i've lost 13 pounds since may... so it's been a few months. but i did have a break in there somewhere. and now i'm losing steadily.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options

I'm from the US but it really annoys me when people don't know what a stone is. Educate yourselves!

i didn't know what a stone is until i joined MFP. i'm in the totally standard system of measurement. metric confuses me. i like my feet, inches, miles, pounds... etc.