Why Women Should Lift Weights

Options
13»

Replies

• Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Strong is sexy and yes women CAN and SHOULD lift also. I'm not saying we should be like the hulk but it is definetly healthier and you will burn more calories throughout the day as well. I'm all for lifting and looking like a lady at the same time. Great job and keep it up!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I think women should lift weights as well...look at the incredible results...and all the health benefits!!! Added to that the fat burning boost that strength training gives...and there is no reason women should not all lift weights. That's right...I'm saying that every woman in the world should lift weights...and....

Those who don't, really should think about it =D.

Anyhow, enough poking fun...you've done an incredible job...and should be absolutely proud of yourself hun =D.
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Lillyzar
    Lillyzar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You're arms look amazing!!!! Great Job!
  • Molldoll0702
    Molldoll0702 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for responding with how often you lift and with your routine. I do have another question. When you were loosing your weight, were you primarily doing cardio and then once to your goal you incorporated lifting? and how much cardio were you doing each week when you were in weight loss mode?
    Thank you again for your responses and your amazing inspiration! I love your arms! You give me hope!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Need more proof of why you should hit the weights... :tongue:

5979334539_0c2747034c.jpg

... this is from many years of lifting heavy and several months of proper eating in order to get lean. I might be too muscle-y for some people's taste but this was my own personal goal to reach. It has taken a lot of hard training to get here but I want to tell you... if you really want it and you're motivated enough to do the work.... it is possible!!! :smile:
  • Lillyzar
    Lillyzar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Need more proof of why you should hit the weights... :tongue:

5979334539_0c2747034c.jpg

... this is from many years of lifting heavy and several months of proper eating in order to get lean. I might be too muscle-y for some people's taste but this was my own personal goal to reach. It has taken a lot of hard training to get here but I want to tell you... if you really want it and you're motivated enough to do the work.... it is possible!!! :smile:

beautiful job!!!! I would love to shed all the fat and have something remotely similar to that underneath LOL! :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and obviously the product of lifting HEAVY WEIGHTS!

Women should not fear the weight room! Its not just for dudes anymore!
  • laurad8911
    laurad8911 Posts: 99
    Options
    do you recommend like free weights? or those weight machines at the gym?
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Love it.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    thank you to everyone who posted nice comments regarding my success story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!