I have a big problem and i am sure i will be laughed at!

2»

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Yeah i guess they should have a disclaimer
    "Do not attempt at home without a trainer nearby" LOL i feel like such a dummy for trying this i got through the 20 of them but i am paying for it now......

It's cool, I give you credit for having guts and giving a try. Just don't do it again for a while.
  • crmhaske
    crmhaske Posts: 66 Member
    It is probably a good idea to see a doctor. I really do not like that show because they do dangerous exercises for people who carry excessive weight. I remember one episode where they had someone over 300 lbs jumping on and off and box and I wanted to throw something at the television. Plyometric exercises are hard on the joints when you first start to do them because proper technique takes practice regardless of whether a professional is in the room.

If you have any swelling and you have not iced it already you should apply heat (ice is only immediately following an injury) to the affected areas and do some gentle stretching. If you feel any sharp pains stop immediately. There are several things that could be wrong, the most minor of which is muscle strain. If you didn't feel any sharp pains before the numbness it isn't likely that you tore anything. It's also possible that you strained something in your knee.

It's impossible to know without a physical examination so if it is still a problem in the morning I suggest visiting your doctor.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Warmup muscles, stretch, exercise, cool down, stretch. Do these things in this order to prevent injuries. Be careful to listen to your body and only push to your limit. Know your limits. Good luck.

This
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    My leg isn't as bad as last night but definitely still isn't the same.... still feels like i could fall with putting weight on my leg especially the left one. I am also now having some tingling/numbness sensation from the leg down to the feet i think i definitely pinched a nerve or something. Thanks everyone for the opinions/thoughts.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    My leg isn't as bad as last night but definitely still isn't the same.... still feels like i could fall with putting weight on my leg especially the left one. I am also now having some tingling/numbness sensation from the leg down to the feet i think i definitely pinched a nerve or something. Thanks everyone for the opinions/thoughts.

Yup, probably a pinched nerve in your lower back. Give a day or two and see if it improves, unless you really are having a hard time getting around, then you may want to see a MD sooner. Most of the time this gets better in a day or two.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    It's easy to say "well she's 445lb, so I can do it, too." She's doing it with a doctor around, you're not. Be careful and listen to your body, it doesn't lie to you!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member

Yup, probably a pinched nerve in your lower back. Give a day or two and see if it improves, unless you really are having a hard time getting around, then you may want to see a MD sooner. Most of the time this gets better in a day or two.

I agree... It could be something more severe like a slipped disc so don't wait too long but another day or two probably won't hurt as long as you're not getting worse! Hopefully you'll keep feeling better as the week passes.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    I'm also noticing a lot of muscle pain now on the upper thigh not sure if this is related or not.. still having a hard time getting up and down though and walking.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    A bit off topic, but I noticed this was posted before it aired on tv for me. Is it a timezone difference, or have I been watching it on the wrong station (like how they air Dr. Phil at different times on different stations).
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    I'm only laughing because my sister and I did the same thing today on the mat at the gym after our workouts.... We were like, oh if she can do it at over 400 pounds we can do it.. So it could just as easily been me instead of you who hurt myself copying what I see on TV!

I have a tendency to over-do-it. I remember the first time I did the biggest loser workout I did it as hard as I could and did the whole thing... I was feeling great until that night when I couldn't even get up off a chair without my husband pulling me up.... then for the next week, I couldn't do anything without extreme muscle pain.. I had really damaged my muscles and I had to wait for them to heal before working out again.

I hope it's just your muscles which will heal with time and not something more serious. let us know how it goes.
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    When you haven't been exercising you have to be careful not to overdo it and injure yourself. I started doing some exercise DVDs this week and strained my hamstring. Sticking to walking now until it heals.
  • I just tried it against my better judgement and I'm at 469. It certainly was not easy.