• Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    and then wait for the eyeroll from the sandwich artist! LOL
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!
    It's similar to Potbelly's Skinny, BC that's exactly what they do.
    Good info!!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I worked at Subway for 3 years and soo many people would say this to me. Definitely a great way to cut out some of the bad stuff!
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Great Idea I'll do that with all my bread now :)
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Subway is a great option, and I love your suggestion, but I found that if you can hit a grocery store with a deli counter, you can do a little better. I get some free fixings from my local deli (lettuce, tomato and onion), plus a pound of sliced low sodium turkey. I eat the turkey with the lettuce and tomato and save the rest of the turkey for a snack or lunch the next day. :-)
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I worked at Subway for 3 years and soo many people would say this to me. Definitely a great way to cut out some of the bad stuff!

Good to know that it won't be frowned upon/weird! Thanks :)
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow! Excellent idea! Thanks for the tip! Now if I can just figure out how to determine how much light mayo they're using when I tell them "go easy on the mayo..."

I also work/manage a Subway. You can ask for a packet of Mayo, which is lite or ask them to put it into a portion cup which is 2 ounces. This will give you control of how much you get and can account for it more easily.
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That you and I LOVE the tip... and just and FYI. My 6 yr old son LOVES subway. His dream job "when I grow up" is he want s to work at subway... {sigh}:huh: I told him how bout you own a subway someday... then you could work in your own shop! :drinker:
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had subway today and it was still a low cal lunch with all the bread. I don't consider bread or carbs the enemy though :happy: