Options

Replies

• poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I love snow, we make a lot of money off it, LMAO
  • HealthyFitStrong2
    Options
    Its pretty if you can sit inside and just watch it.

But after 10 years in Wisconsin, snow blowing/shoveling every other day or you will get a ticket for not clearing off the sidewalks or parking on the wrong side of the road for the plows. Driving in blizzards when you can't see your hand in front of your face but your office is open and you still have to go to work. And icy roads where you do a 360 right in the middle of the road.

I don't care for it anymore and glad I live in the South now where a dusting and everything closes.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy real snow like back "home" in Minne-snow-ta. The faux snow we have in Virginia just isn't the same. :\
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I hate snow. I hate cold.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE SNOW! Makes everything so white, pure and clean! So fun to play in and just look at! :D

(from Maine)
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    There is literally nothing in this world that I hate more than snow. I actually can't understand how anyone over the age of like, 18 who has a car is able to enjoy it at all. I've been stranded several times, I've slipped into embankments, last year I had to have my car towed three times and I've been stuck at work more times than I can count. They don't really have a sophisticated snow plowing system out here (Long Island) so it's always one huge inconvenience. And I hate being cold. Definitely won't be living in the northeast after I settle down.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    I lived in the SF Bay area till 98, then moved to the D.C. area because of my wife's job transfer.
    Shoveling snow off the driveway at 4:30am isn't fun cardio. So IMO, I don't care for it if I have to live in it.

Glad I'm back in the SF Bay area again. If I want to play in the snow, I drive about 3 hours north.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Done with the snow! Grew up in the Syracuse NY area and got my fill. Now I'm in Maryland - we don't get the snow and cold like upstate NY which is good - we don't have the resources to deal with it. A few inches shuts the MD/ D.C. area down and driving becomes a nightmare!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It is cute, fluffy, and brightens up the dark winter nights. But I am in a minority where I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The S**** word is forbidden. We get more snow than summer. It also helps I live in a condo and we have a service to do the heavy shoveling.

I have to be careful the next few weeks as we don't have winter tires on yet. We're on a waiting list.
  • Chemist1964
    Options
    It is snowing right now in my part of Wisconsin. Lakes are freezing over too. Will icefish tomorrow! A little snow is nice, 4 feet of snow is a hassle.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I grew up in the prairies where we had a lot of snow. Now I live in Vancouver where it rains for three freaking months straight. I miss snow.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    im Canadian

ive fallen threw lake erie that was half frozen over as a child that was pretty radical (no it wasn't it was horrible)

but that has nothing to do with snow I only like snow if its a small amount and not a snow storm ruining my life
    Options
    _Just_Ash_ wrote: »
    How do I feel about Snow?

I felt his 1992 single "Informer" was somewhat over-rated to be completely honest.
    dammit now I have that song in my head!
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I hate winter....... Snow on Christmas day would be about all the snow I would need to see every year....
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the BIG, FLUFFY snow flakes that MELT upon touching the ground. I like them for about 20 minutes. And then I hate snow again. Remind me why I live in Winterpeg, Manisnowba, please?
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I hate it. I am not a cold weather person at all.
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I live in central Alberta......and hate winter every year....
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I don't mind the BIG, FLUFFY snow flakes that MELT upon touching the ground. I like them for about 20 minutes. And then I hate snow again. Remind me why I live in Winterpeg, Manisnowba, please?
    My condolences :wink: