Running in a sports bra.... and a smile?

Options
ratkaj
ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
To the ladies out there who run... do you run in a sports bra? I have been very self conscious about my mid section ( the tum tum) and yesterday I went running in a sports bra and no shirt for the first time. I couldn't stop wondering what others are thinking.... are they judging me? Are they thinking: "god put a shirt on would you?"

I know this all sounds silly and I should just get over it but I guess I don't see myself the same way that others do. I'm always told by my family how thin I am and that I have nothing to worry about, but I still do. Does anyone else have these issues too? How do you deal???

Any help would be appreciated... and now I feel embarrassed.

Replies

• runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    This time of year I run w/ my sports bra no shirt. I dont care what people think I am out there & trying!!!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I would put a tank top on...it wouldn't be worth me worrying about....I'd rather focus on my running...
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I wear a tank with a built in sports bra. I have a huge issue with showing my stomach...it looks like a deflated balloon covered in stretch marks. Having my daughter really did a number on my body. If I am ever able to get a tummy tuck I will and then I'll be more than happy to run around in a sports bra. It's honestly just the extra skin that bothers me...my stretch marks...while horrid...aren't too visible...I just want them 'flattened' out, lol.
    When I was 17 (I had my daughter at 18) I would workout in a sports bra and I was super proud of my abs...I worked hard for them. I love seeing women...even ones who are overweight and have all the jiggles out running in sports bras...I wish I had the courage to do that. Maybe one day I will. Dress the way you want...it's your body.
  • reyessam
    reyessam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've toyed with the idea of just running in a sports bra... and after seeing this post... I might actually try it... knowing that there are people out there wondering the same thing...

... to wear a shirt or no shirt? ... what are others thinking?

Thanks for the post!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm too self conscious to do that.. but I sure wish I wasn't! It's been HOT! I do run in those dry weave tanks..that does help. Good for you, though!
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Got too many scars on my tummy and a little older to be baring it. But, hey - if you've got it, why not???
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I would never run in just a sports bra -- too many child-bearing battle wounds, but I run with friends who are in just a sports bra, and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's frickin' HOT out there!!

I only have a tendency to judge runners in sports bras if they also have on full make-up and obviously spent time doing their hair prior to running..... Then I just get annoyed. :)

I say don't worry about it!!
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've done it a few times when it's really hot. I am definitely self conscious about being jiggly, but I know I'm out there fixin it!
  • FumblingTowardsEcstacy
    Options
    This time of year I run w/ my sports bra no shirt. I dont care what people think I am out there & trying!!!

I am in no position to go shirtless, but I agree with this post 100%. You are out there working on improving yourself, so forget anyone who may be judging you!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    From a man's prespective if asked, I think a tank top over sports bra is sexier than just the bra itself. Just my opinion.
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I wish I could! I know people would be thinking that of me, but I have a lot to lose. I'm hoping by next summer, I can be the girl that runs in a sports bra and makes people do a double take. (For a good reason) :laugh:
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ugh you took the thought right out of my head!

i am self conscious of my stomach and probably would never run in just a sports bra. but i joined a running group and i see all these women in phenomenal shape running in those cute skirts and sports bras. ONE DAY ill get there.

I saw someone else say they wear a shirt because its not worth it to worry about it on your run and i agree i do that to.

but one day well get there :)
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    I'm too self conscious to do that.. but I sure wish I wasn't! It's been HOT! I do run in those dry weave tanks..that does help. Good for you, though!
    I wish I could do that but I would be too paranoid about the way I looked, especially as everything jiggles more when you're running. I ENVY anyone, any size that just gets out there and does it. My goal is to get to a stage where I say sod it and just wear what I liked. I currently work out in my husbands old baggy tees. In fact I'd probably be better off in just a sports bra as I look like a right old tramp anyway haha GOOD ON YA
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I totally would run in a sports bra! Rock it girl!!!!! :smile: Don't worry about what anyone else thinks, it's all about YOU!!
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    Like a lot of the other ladies said, I would totally rock it...if I didn't have stretch marks covering most of my middle section. I am jealous of women who run by me in sports bras! I am really sensitive to heat, so when I work out hard, having clothes touching my skin really bothers me. I wear as little clothing as I can get away with.
  • AGHP
    AGHP Posts: 6
    Options
    You should run in whatever you want....you are the one out there doing something for your health. I run in tanks with built in bras. They seem to be comfortable to me and you know when you are running it is all about comfort, from head to toe.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I wish I could run in just a sports bra but sadly ..there just isnt enough support for my girls !! they would be knocking my teeth out...LOL need to wear a nice TIGHT bra.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I wear a tank or tee, and then a light weight long sleeve running shirt... but it's only up to the 70s-80s here, so I won't die of heat stroke. Ladies- bare what you like! You're gorgeous and rocking your run!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i have quite the gozangas and frankly my tum tum isn't where i want it to be...so i just wear a tank. but go you!!!!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    From a man's prespective if asked, I think a tank top over sports bra is sexier than just the bra itself. Just my opinion.

This is what I do. Although it is hot as a mutha out there. When I am done I look like I ran in a rain storm. Soaked!