Running in a sports bra.... and a smile?

Options

Replies

• PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options
    I wish I could run in just a sports bra but sadly ..there just isnt enough support for my girls !! they would be knocking my teeth out...LOL need to wear a nice TIGHT bra.

I have ran in a sports bra, but I wear a bra with it for added support, my D's would be EVERYWHERE :sad: ....I could care less what they are thinking, I'm thinking I need to get my sexy back before this year is out...JIGGLE AWAY until my JIGGLES are gone
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    BerryH:

In fact I'm more likely to notice women NOT wearing sports bras

Me too. Funny that ! :smile:

Typical
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I think a sports bra is fine, but probably best to wear some knickers too, and maybe a scarf it's a bit chilly ;-)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I certainly don't have a flat stomach but I'm out there in a sports bra and shorts every time I run. I have some cute matching sets so the sports bra is pretty much meant to be worn alone. I'm also 45 years old and I really don't give a damn what the people I see in my neighborhood think about how I look. I'm out there running which is more than most of them can say. :)
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't run in just a sports bra mainly because I am a redhead with very sensitive skin and I don't even want to attempt to deal with what the sun could do to my stomach and back since they are rarely exposed to the sun as it is. Sure I wear sunscreen, but it melts off and I just am very aware of sun protection due to family history too. I thought about it the other day though and I am not self conscious about it anymore. I actually would love to rock out my bathing suit sometime this summer considering I earned it! (I work three jobs so getting to the beach is tough) But seriously...continue to run with just the sports bra because in the end if anyone driving by or sitting on their porch says anything...you have a one up on them because you are out there running and doing something!

Anyone out there running likely is primarily trying not to die of the heat, and noticing other runners a distant second.

If you do want the sports bra, think sunscreen, early and often. You don't want to encourage wrinkles and skin cancer on your way to a toned body. I love the sun, but probably loved it a bit too much in years past. I have olive skin, but I run in high-tech long-sleeved shirts even when the temperature spikes. Any discomfort is worth it to me.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stop wondering what others are thinking.... are they judging me? Are they thinking: "god put a shirt on would you?"

I would think..."man, I wish I was out there running!" Im not a runner...I run in my dreams and I admire those who are out there running, but so far it just isn't my thing. If I've learned one thing in life, that would be that you can't control what people think or say. Don't worry about what people might think..if you are comfortable, and happy, with what you are doing, then that's all that matters. HAPPY RUNNING! :flowerforyou:
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    From a man's prespective if asked, I think a tank top over sports bra is sexier than just the bra itself. Just my opinion.

While I appreciate this honesty I have taken to running in a sports bra or one other tank with a built in boob smasher...it isn't about being sexy...I have terrible self consciouness about itbut most of my running tanks cause chaffing on any run longer than 3-5 miles...if it is hot enough for a tank it is hot enough for sports bra running...cool enough for a few of my tshirts...meaning 80's that cover my shoulder then I might wear it...maybe....my tummy is a mess...an abdominal surgery as a child...4 kids...and a gallbladder surgery...seldom though do I run with the intent of some guy thinking I am sexy...my hubby thinks I am for my dedication and that is good enough
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I tend to run in what ever works with that day's unpredictible weather, so sometimes it's a tank, sometimes it's a bra, sometimes it's rain gear and sometimes it's a snow parka ... I live in Oregon, you just never know what you are going to get here.

That being said, like several other comments I see on here, I have massive "battle scars" from having had two large babies and then a large weight loss a decade after the last baby. Even so, I don't let that stop me anymore. I do what is comfortable for me. I have done the best I can to remedy the belly issue and I am at a point now that surgery to remove the excess skin is basically all that is left.

I also stopped to realize that when I am running and I pass other runners, I never think about or care what the other people running are wearing and honestly, those are the only ones I would be worried about. What everyone else thinks is of no concern to me especially since I will more than likely never see them again :)
  • Freeapollo
    Freeapollo Posts: 25
    Options
    Embrace your body you know you are changing it who cares what other people think. You are the one running to get in better shape so go you.
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a bit old fashioned. For me, a sports bra is a sports BRA. I would no sooner go running in a regular bra, so I wouldn't go running in a sports bra. I usually wear a tank with dri weave that helps wick the sweat away. But that's just me.
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i have quite the gozangas and frankly my tum tum isn't where i want it to be...so i just wear a tank. but go you!!!!

Yeah I sometimes feel Im likely to punch myself with one LOL I have a hard time finding real support from sports bras, i had to invest in one with a gazillion Velcro straps just for support...

If one day my flab goes slightly down I plan to do this i don’t care what others think ..dont look..its hot Im in Az let me be

"""Good for you HIGH FIVE""!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I do and I'm 52 yrs old!! I feel slightly uncomfortable sometimes but oh well!!! Today after a 15 mile bike ride a salesman stopped at my residence before I entered my house to offer his business card and I thought what they heck I am not going hide! It is what it is!!! It is all about running and you won't run if you are uncomfortable!!
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    I'm thin, not perfectly toned, but I my tummy still jiggles a bit when I run, even when I'm holding my core tight. I think I'd be too self-conscious to run without a tank top, besides, then where would I hide my .380? :bigsmile:

Do what works for you. People who judge are generally just jealous. If they see you out running and bouncing and jiggling, they're the ones who won't get up off their duff to workout. A super toned person looking at you would be like, hells yeah, you go girl! :flowerforyou:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    If it is a bra and looks like a bra then it should be under your clothes. Invest in some loose tanks or runner's shirts that are like bras that hold you down but are longer.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Seriously people? How is a sports bra any different from wearing a bikini top in public???

(or in your profile picture, for that matter?) :wink:
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Dr. Phil has a great line that speaks to this: "You wouldn't worry about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did."

i love that
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    For safety sake you may want to wear a tank top over just to avoid attracting unnecessary attention to yourself. I'm not super paranoid but it is something no one seems to have considered on here.
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh...I am so happy I stumbled across this! I have been wondering this very question for a couple months know (aka when summer came to visit haha). I think my stomach is (maybe) flat enough to run around in the sun buuuuutttt I am very Scandinavian and am kind of pasty. Can the pasties run with just a sports bra?
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Can the pasties run with just a sports bra?

Being pasty - go for it. Running IN pasties ... no recommended! LOL ... sorry ... just could NOT resist :)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Can the pasties run with just a sports bra?

Being pasty - go for it. Running IN pasties ... no recommended! LOL ... sorry ... just could NOT resist :)

bwahahahhaha!:laugh: