Switched snacks and lost 5 pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    23 almonds in an ounce, keeps me feeling full for quite awhile, I think it's the healthy fat in them.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I dip about three servings of almonds and melt about one serving of dark chocolate over them... sprinkle with a little cinnamon and VOILA! TASTY!

its three servings of chocolate covered almonds!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    How many nuts do you eat?
    People always say they keep you full but I am always hungry after a handful...

I usually eat 14 almonds very slowly with water. It works!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have 12 or 24 with a whole or half piece of fruit depending on how many calories I have set aside.
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    Almonds are great...usually 15 and if you do pistacios you can do 30 cause they're smaller. A very good snack indeed! :smile:
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    is it possible that the nuts being high in calories put your daily calorie intake up a bit and that caused you to loose weight.
    or is it still the same amount of calories?
  • dwardkaiser
    Options
    Wooo Hoo thats something to go "NUTS" about! LOL
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I love almonds for a snack, I just got some cocoa roasted almonds to curb my sweet tooth. Same calories as the sunkist ones I usually eat
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! Nuts are a great snack. The results far outweighs the fats that people think they have. They are GOOD fat!!!!! Almonds, and for a sweet little something, Emerald dark cocoa almonds are really yummy!!!! FYI, 24 almonds is 1 oz. or 1 serving.

Be careful with those dark cocoa almonds if you don't like artificial sweeteners though. They contain sucralose (Splenda) and acesulfame potassium (Sweet One).
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    How many nuts do you eat?
    People always say they keep you full but I am always hungry after a handful...

I usually eat about 12 - 13 for half an ounce of almonds. You think you aren't getting too much, but after I walk away pouting and drink some water and get back to work I realize that I forgot I was hungry! = D It did work...just need to give it some time. If calories allow I sometimes have a whole ounce and feel so decadent!! = D
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    nicely done!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    WHat an AWESOME "welcome back to the game"! = D
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    The Emerald Cinnamon Roasted Almonds are really satisfying too! A change from the cocoa. I also heard the Wasabi Almonds by Emerald are really good but I have not tried them.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Pistachios are 30 in a serving (which when combined with a serving of berries I find super satisfying. Plus u have to crack each one outta its little shell so it takes longer! Much harder to down a few at a time and not feel satisfied.
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I keep a can of almonds in my desk, it's a great snack!
  • texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump