Whats for dinner everybody?

Options

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I had a chicken salad sandwich for lunch and ice cream this afternoon . . . so dinner was veggies :) Roasted new potatoes with rosemary, mushrooms and onions, and steamed yellow cauliflower and spinach. DELICIOUS.
  • autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't care what kind of weather we are having! My husband and I are both soup lovers so if soup sounds good, soup it is. I made a taco soup last week when the heat index was 115. :happy:
  • autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My dinner came to 366 calories.
    1 4 oz. salmon fillet
    1 med. baked potato
    2 Tbsp. sour cream
    3/4 cup broccoli
    3/4 cup fresh strawberries

It was very good and having the sour cream on the potato seems decadent, but I enjoy it that way, I'm still losing weight, and keeping my calories at 1450 per day.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    FAJITAS!!! (In moderation :happy: )
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    FAJITAS!!! (In moderation :happy: )
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I had a chicken salad sandwich for lunch and ice cream this afternoon . . . so dinner was veggies :) Roasted new potatoes with rosemary, mushrooms and onions, and steamed yellow cauliflower and spinach. DELICIOUS.

OMG you made me want roasted potatoes....plugging my herbed roasted potatoes into the recipe doo-bob to see how far I have to run/walk this evening to have them :D
  • Ssbischoff
    Ssbischoff Posts: 27
    Options
    Beef Stroganoff 310 cals
  • leahclausen
    leahclausen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fresh beet, carrot, apple and ginger juice from the juicer and a baked sweet potato! 348 calories of healing goodness!
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    -- 3-4oz of chicken tenderloin - Foremanized with a wonderful Italian spice blend I have
    -- 1 small white eggplant, thinly sliced; 4oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced; one red bell pepper, sliced -- all sauteed in olive oil and spiced with the same blend
    -- A bit of roasted garlic balsamic tomato sauce on top

351 calories
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

OMG you made me want roasted potatoes....plugging my herbed roasted potatoes into the recipe doo-bob to see how far I have to run/walk this evening to have them :D

Glad I inspired you ;) They were scrumptious.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I've had short ribs going in the slow cooker all day. Baking fresh bread. Steamed broccoli and cheese stuffed into potatoes I have baking right now. :)

I'd hate to think what the calorie count is on that meal!!
  • McMamma38
    McMamma38 Posts: 31
    Options
    tossed salad w/ romaine & tomato,sprinkled w/ fresh parmesan cheese shreds,1 T.fat free Italian dressing

Weight Watcher's Smart One's dinner--Salisbury steak w/ mac.n'cheese

0 cal.black cherry flavor sparkling water
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    A grilled portabella mushroom "burger" w/ Swiss cheese, and a splash of low sodium soy on a 80 cal wheat bun. Sliced cucumbers, and a romaine lettuce salad w/ Newman's Own Raspberry & Walnut dressing. And some peaches in extra light syrup.

I'm drooling all over my keyboard!!!

For dinner I had an Asiago shredded cheese salad with roasted pecans, organic field greens, and a simple balsamic vinegar mixed with minced garlic for dressing. Surprising filling for only 230 calories! And the sodium was really only in the cheese
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken theigh in my own Shake and Bake type coating (no salt)
    Pan fried (in coconut oil) eggplant sprinkled with grated Parmesan.
    Two cups of berries.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/chilled-calamari-salad-with-lemon-and.html

I made a variation of the Chilled Calamari salad with lemon and parsley.
    Made with fresh basil, chives, zucchini, cherry tomatoes (all from my garden), onion, kalamata olives and olive oil. No red wine vinegar on hand so just left it out. Took a little taste and it's scrumptious.
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I had Gourmet Sirloin Tips over brown rice & 1.5 cups of steamed broccoli ~ 435 calories. It 'twas yummy!

Found the recipe on a new app on my phone (by allthecooks.com).
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Mm, love seeing everyone's dinners :) I roasted split chicken breasts with olive oil and sage, basil and parsley out of my garden, and sliced sweet potatoes and sea salt. We had marinated raw cucumbers on the side (1 cup vinegar, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup sugar (or substitute of your choice) salt, pepper and dill weed to tasted) Then we had a fudgesicle for dessert ;)
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    We're having mushroom and swiss burgers and corn on the cob and cucumber salad.

(burgers-100% whole wheat bun, boca burger, 2% milk swiss cheese, and a 40 calorie mushroom gravy I made from a recipe I found here om MFP--320 calories for the burger)
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I cooked pork tenderloin with a red onion and peach pan sauce (both from our CSA box), lemon-basil mashed potatoes (just a little butter and mostly chicken stock to thin), green beans, heirloom tomato slices, and watermelon for dessert.

663 cals, but 230 of that was my 6oz of a tasty Bordeaux. Worth every calorie.

I wish this were a typical dinner, but I got off work early and had people to impress.
  • auntbyte
    auntbyte Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A smoothie. I've had my limit of protein already today, so no protein powder for dinner.

1 C Frozen Strawberries
    1 C Almond Milk
    1 T Honey
    1/2 C Greek Yogurt 0%
    A whole bunch of ice so it's a great big serving ~:o)

245 Calories! Yea!!!!!!!!!!