Question for those of you who lost 20 pounds or more

Options
I really like MFP and I was just wondering if you used this website alone or did you do something else to loose the weight. I know the diet and exercising part but I'm just curious if you used something else like Weight Watchers or another website as well as MFP.

CONGRATS on loosing the weight by the way!!!!

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30+ thus far, with much more to go, but I've lost the weight with this site/app only. ^_^
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I just got on this site a while ago. I just tried to eat better (without counting) and work out (I do Turbo Fire now, but jsut went to the gym occasionally before) but it's been slow. Over a year. Now that I'm close, I'm trying to get more serious (and a year was my goal to lose the baby weight, which I've missed).
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I only used this website and I exercise a lot.
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    no other program. This site helps me watch what I eat. I already ate pretty healthy things, but my portions were out of control.
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I used the atkins diet before I found this website.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i only used the website and i've lost 45 pounds. i did exercise the entire time as well.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I didn't do any special diet or anything. That's what I liked about this site. I could still have what I liked, but I just had to use control. :-) I did the the 30 Day Shred and that was very effective! I also run 5 days a week! Congrats on starting your journey!
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have lost around 26 lbs so far. I did it through commitment to myself and using MFP (the site & the app). It started with the app and I am pretty sure I wouldn't have done as well without having the app. It makes it so MFP goes everywhere with me.
  • damcool
    damcool Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started by counting calories and exercise for the first 2 months on my own. Then, I found this site and only use this site. It's worked out well for me. My mom lost 80 lbs on weight watchers though! Hope you find MFP helpful! :)
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I only use this website and I have lost 32 pounds in 105 days!!! I'm so excited about that!! I do exercise every single day though - even if it is just walking. I am almost half way to my goal of 70 pounds (total!) Good luck to you!!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 lbs thus far using CalorieCounter. I use the calorie counter there because it allows me to log my food in grams, without doing any conversion.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    mfp is good for the technical stuff like figuring out calories and logging food/exercise etc, but I can say with my hand on my heart, it's my MFP friends who have helped me achieve my weight loss. I know I would have quit on this a LONG time ago without their constant encouragement and motivation. Everything `i have achieved is down to them.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just this site and exercise! I work nights, so I don't have time to join a gym or anything, I just exercise at home using the Wii, and watch my portions.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Just MFP! I found the support I needed from the people I have chosen to be my buddies. I weeded out several along the way, but I am happy with the friends I have now. Part of it is psychological because you want to do good by the people supporting you that it sort of forces you to eat well and exercise often. Good luck to you...you can do this too!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Just mfp
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    MFP and exercise, i get motivated by all my friends on here
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    75 gone so far for me. I started by doing it on my own, then started here in the late spring. I lost about 40 pounds before I joined, and 35 since. You don't need anything else--just use MFP!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    I have only used this website and i've lost 26.5 pounds. I did exercise the entire time as well.
  • Ssbischoff
    Ssbischoff Posts: 27
    Options
    I only use this app. I work out every day, and make sure I am on target with my calories. IMO, there is no miracle way, no easy way to lose weight. Monitoring calories and working out is the safest and easiest way.
  • MyJourney11
    Options
    I've only used MFP. I exercise almost everyday...thank God, cause I eat like crap way more than I should. I work at a gym so I have everything I need at my disposal.