100 lbs in 10 months with pic

Options
BrentGetsFit
BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
Hi gang,

If you had asked me 10 months ago if I thought it was possible for me to lose 100 pounds I'd have said "no way". I always thought I was one of the unlucky ones, the ones with "bad genes" who were destined to be overweight with no hope of redemption. Then I found myself up against a wall with all that I'd ever worked for hanging in the balance and my weight was to blame. Nothing like a little impending doom to sharpen the mind. I threw out everything I thought I knew about diet and exercise and weight loss, I went back to the basics. I learned how to properly fuel my body and how to exercise effectively. I looked at my demons, fears and even my old comforts unflinchingly and overcame them. Commitment and perseverance became my watchwords and my efforts have been rewarded beyond all that I imagined. I received so much support and encouragement from my friends here at MFP and still do. I hope that my example can serve as a light at the end of the tunnel for anyone who is in a similar situation. It's not easy but it's not impossible either. Bless you and thank you all!

beforeandafter-1.jpg

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Good Work!
  • Man_in_Motion
    Options
    Very inspiring, man. As another guy trying to lose 100+, this is very motivating!
  • NoMoreThickyMickey
    NoMoreThickyMickey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    wow, wtg on your achievements you look awesome :)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, such a inspiration!! :)
    Congrats.
  • Nancyhusanu
    Options
    Great Job! You look awesome!
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    If you had asked me 10 months ago if I thought it was possible for me to lose 100 pounds I'd have said "no way".

You look great! What all have you been doing? I need to get some tips from you!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    awesome look and awesome weight loss brent.............wow in only 10 months, you set a record for sure........Congratulations.......

just wondering, how tall are you and did you meet your goal? Again, what a success to celebrate.............Lloyd
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    Go you!!! Awesome lifestyle change you've made and look and how far you've got with it!! Congratulations on the big change you look great!!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    congratulations.
  • achapman01
    achapman01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! Your dedication and hard work paid off! Good for you!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Very inspiring :)
  • Donnajoball
    Options
    That is INCREDIBLE! Way to go! Thanks for the inspiration!
    :bigsmile:
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic! You look so much younger too! Well done .
  • chelelee96
    chelelee96 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are a great inspiration.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    well done, lots of hard work no doubt, I'm on target for this kind of loss (so far 76lbs in 7 months) but I'm starting to struggle a little the last couple of weeks.

Did you find the loses getting smaller/hard to obtain as you went along?
    Did you struggle at any point? If so how did you keep it up (i.e. did you change up your diet/exercise)?
    How tall are you?

Love to hear your advice

Cheers,

Nik
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options

You look great! What all have you been doing? I need to get some tips from you!

Thanks! I'm using MFP religiously to track my calories, I do my best to eat "clean", I'm doing Beachbody's Power 90 workout DVD and I started running with Couch to 5k.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    awesome look and awesome weight loss brent.............wow in only 10 months, you set a record for sure........Congratulations.......

just wondering, how tall are you and did you meet your goal? Again, what a success to celebrate.............Lloyd

Thanks! I'm 6 feet tall. I'm almost at my first goal. I'm in the Coast Guard and they say that for my height I can weigh 203 so 2 pounds to go. My next goal is 185 since that's what the BMI chart says is the upper end of healthy for me. I'm beginning to focus on building muscle now rather than simply losing weight so my goal will likely change from a weight number to a body fat percentage here in the next few months.

Edited to add: I just saw your ticker Lloyd, awesome results yourself! Way to go :)
  • janiececreasy
    janiececreasy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!Good NO, GREAT job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!