Replies

• vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely amazing and quite an inspiration. Thank you :happy:
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    You look amazing! I hope to be able to post my 100 pound loss pics sometime in the next year as well :)
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    well done, lots of hard work no doubt, I'm on target for this kind of loss (so far 76lbs in 7 months) but I'm starting to struggle a little the last couple of weeks.

Did you find the loses getting smaller/hard to obtain as you went along?
    Did you struggle at any point? If so how did you keep it up (i.e. did you change up your diet/exercise)?
    How tall are you?

Love to hear your advice

Cheers,

Nik

Keep up the great work Nik, excellent loss so far :) I've had a couple of small plateaus along the way and each time it was because MFP didn't adjust my calorie goal as I lost weight. It would ask me if I wanted it adjusted and I'd say yes but it didn't do it. So I'd go to the goals page and just re-save my stats and then it would lower my goal and I'd begin losing again. I haven't had to mix up the diet or exercise plans too much but I have found that my losses have gotten smaller as I go which I've learned is normal. I've recently switched my goal to a 1lb/wk loss instead of 2. The calorie goal had just gotten too small to effectively work with. As I mentioned above, I'm beginning to focus more on weight training and will be manually managing my macronutrient goals to support that. Should be fun :)

Edited to add: I'm 6 feet tall
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    AWE YEAH!!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look totally bad-*kitten* now! :)
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    you look fab! good work, what a difference!
  • privateannonymous
    privateannonymous Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Brent,
    What a great story and what great results. I'm sure you have a new found confidence in everything you do in life as a result of taking charge of your body and putting your mind in a healthy direction.

It's great to have examples to look up to in a site like this and I'd say you fit the bill. Congratulations to you my friend and keep up the good work!
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hot damn, man! Way to rock it!
  • breezydae
    breezydae Posts: 2
    Options
    WOW! That is amazing. Congratulations!
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is just too awesome. Congrat!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • DebbieYost
    DebbieYost Posts: 11
    Options
    Nik...you're doing an awesome job. Everybody hits a struggling bump in the road during their weight loss journey. Don't let it get you down or the scale will go up. Keep up the good work!
  • DebbieYost
    DebbieYost Posts: 11
    Options
    Brent...What a great testimony to hard work and perseverence! You look amazing...you should be very proud of yourself for such a great accomplishment! Congrats!
  • JLSchmetterling
    Options
    WOW... you look amazing! Very handsome. :-)
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! You have really beautiful eyes :)
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    HIGH FIVE!!!!

you look amazing.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    WOW... you look amazing! Very handsome. :-)

she said I'm handsome! :blushing:
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    You look amazing!! You have really beautiful eyes :)

awww shucks <looks at the ground and shuffles feet> :blushing:
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options

You look great! What all have you been doing? I need to get some tips from you!

Thanks! I'm using MFP religiously to track my calories, I do my best to eat "clean", I'm doing Beachbody's Power 90 workout DVD and I started running with Couch to 5k.

You look awesome!!!!!!

I'm actually doing it backwards. I'm doing Couch to 5K, then either the Original Power 90 DVD or Insanity. I have p90X, but that can wait until I'm down a little further. You h ave really inspired me to keep on pushing. Cheers to you Hun!!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!