Think I lost a friend today....

Options
13»

Replies

• Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The dress issue at the wedding would have been it for me. My sister's mother in law wore a white dress at her wedding, but then changed for the reception...not sure what her reason was...never asked, but I thought it was pretty awful that she would do that and try to show up the bride. Keep on doing what you are doing...maybe she'll come around sometime. Best of luck on the rest of your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    People only treat us how we let them treat us. I'm sorry, but if you continue to be "friends" with this woman you will get what you deserve. It seems like she wants to be the center of attention and in charge of everything and you let her. (why would you allow her to change her dress for YOUR wedding?) Take a stand and remove her from your life. Sorry if I'm being a little blunt, but it sounds like you could use a little tough love.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    People only treat us how we let them treat us. I'm sorry, but if you continue to be "friends" with this woman you will get what you deserve. It seems like she wants to be the center of attention and in charge of everything and you let her. (why would you allow her to change her dress for YOUR wedding?) Take a stand and remove her from your life. Sorry if I'm being a little blunt, but it sounds like you could use a little tough love.

She changed her dress on her own. I had no clue until the night before the wedding when she showed it to me.
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    She didn't deserve your apology :\ She deserved a slap across the face imo haha :D But yes I agree with everything FL_Nettie said... let her go and move on, you DESERVE better friends.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Okay.... sorry... but I am still stuck on "changed her matron of honor dress". Really? I think that would have been the end of my friendship right there.

Yeah I'm with her on this one sounds like she's a bit self absorbed and attention seaking .... all about her....
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I'm with so many - about the white dress - that's over the top for me. It was to be about you and not her. As far as losing a friend, the natural cycle is that we change our circle of friends approximately every 7 years. Maybe you are in that cleansing process?