Anyone doing intermittent fasting?

Options
13»

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Nice article and site .. http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/benefits-of-fasting.aspx

I fasted on Thursday and Friday this week (no breakfast, no lunch) and my energy levels were great at work!
  • jlzoda
    jlzoda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Check this out....

Study done at UC Berkley & in the LA Times:

Running on empty: the pros and cons of fasting
    Fasting restricts calories and may benefit your body. Is it a safe way to lose weight?
    February 02, 2009|Shari Roan
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I do IF daily, have gotten great results. Lost 5inches from my stomach, and dropped 17% bodyfat in 2 months. Email me if you want more info. I know how these forums get. So I probably won't be back here.

Someone emailed me about what i posted and method "great results" the method I was using to measure bodyfat was highly inaccurate. I did lose 2 inches from my stomach, that's normal for me every month I am down about 2 inchs.

This is the email i wrote her... "Honestly, I don't remember what I posted, but about IF.... it didn't improve my weight loss. I am down 35lbs in 3 months which is pretty normal. I don't see IF as a weight reduction strategy... what I do see it as... it does help you during the day. You don't get all tired and groggy like a lot of people do during the day. It does "HELP" preserve muscle mass when you workout.. It does give you more energy during the day. You're not constantly worried about "what am i going to eat." It saves you time because you don't have to cook multiple times a day. Those are the benefits of IF."
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Just done my first day, a little tough at times but went great. I hope this helps to get the scale moving again!
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    i think fasting gives our bodies a chance to recharge.. digestion takes a lot of energy.. giving your system a break is healthy... i would only fast while drinking fresh organic vegetable juices though.. from a juice extractor.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I actually LOVE fasting. I've done it once a week the last two weeks, but went a while before that since I've done it. Both times that I've fasted recently it was on a Monday and typically it was because I made a pig of myself on Sunday and I was bloated and uncomfortable and just icky. Felt so much better just relaxing and not thinking about food all day. Both times I relieved the 2 inch bloat that I had given myself and got myself centred again. Wasn't even that hungry after the 24 hours were over and slept so much better afterwards. Highly recommend it!