Peanut butter addiction

Options
2»

Replies

• rachelerdelyi
    rachelerdelyi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! (Scrammit - you're absolutely right!)

I am actually a vegetarian...eat tuna sometimes...have recently starting having "Genuine Health - Vegan Proteins" because I was finding that regular protein's make me feel ill about 30 minutes after consuming... I used to have a B12 supplement...but stopped...I guess I should start that again...
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! (Scrammit - you're absolutely right!)

I am actually a vegetarian...eat tuna sometimes...have recently starting having "Genuine Health - Vegan Proteins" because I was finding that regular protein's make me feel ill about 30 minutes after consuming... I used to have a B12 supplement...but stopped...I guess I should start that again...

The B vitamins will totally improve your absorption of Iron, not to mention beans (think black beans and rice or a tortilla), lentils (if you can get them), hummus, and other bean and lentil combos with rice, quinoa, potatoes, ect! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm finding lately it's just empty calories...I know it's okay for you in moderation...but I'm finding myself bingeing. I could try and say "I'll cut back", but once I start, I'm always going back for more..

What??? Who told you peanut butter was empty calories? Never listen to them again. It is high calorie so you should watch the amount because of that, but it's very, very healthy.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Just try to limit to a couple of tablespoons, I end up eating peanut butter right out of the jar almost every day for protein (and because it's freaking awesome)
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm on a peanut butter kick right now, I can't get enough of it. I just make sure it fits in my daily calorie allowance. I just ordered some PB2 off Amazon, hope that be yummy, and help with the calories. :)
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    I use natural super crunchy on bananas about every day. Love PB!
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i used to be a total PB addict too. have you ever had Peanut Butter & Co's "Mighty Maple" or "White Chocolate Wonderful" peanut butter? holy crap, hide the spoons. so since my addiction was completely out of control i had to stop buying that brand, now i only buy completely natural (and organic since peanuts are sprayed heavily with pesticides), unsweetened PB or almond butter, and what i do is i'll mix 1 tablespoon of nut butter with 2-3 tablespoons of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and i'll add in cinnamon and stevia (if i'm using it for sweet purposes). so this way you get a ton of PB sauce, for the amount of cals in 1 tablespoon. you can pour it on anything and it'll be delicious :bigsmile:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    ::raises hand:: I, too, am a peanut-butter addict. :laugh:

Seriously, though, this is something I've been struggling with. I only buy true natural PB - with one ingredient: peanuts. I do NOT believe in eating processed, reduced-fat peanut butters (I have no interested in the PB2 and other type products). I think it's much healthier to learn to eat REAL PB in moderation rather than substitute an addiction for real PB with an addiction for fake/altered PB. PB is good for us - it has healthy oils but like all things you can overdo it. I'm okay if I make myself eat it with other things - on crackers/celery/fruit/etc. or as part of smoothies... but as soon as I start eating it out of the jar I'm in trouble!

It's a matter of self-control and re-teaching myself how to get along with this wonderful food. I WILL make it happen - I refuse to cut PB out of my life. :drinker:
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    i used to be a total PB addict too. have you ever had Peanut Butter & Co's "Mighty Maple" or "White Chocolate Wonderful" peanut butter? holy crap, hide the spoons. so since my addiction was completely out of control i had to stop buying that brand, now i only buy completely natural (and organic since peanuts are sprayed heavily with pesticides), unsweetened PB or almond butter, and what i do is i'll mix 1 tablespoon of nut butter with 2-3 tablespoons of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and i'll add in cinnamon and stevia (if i'm using it for sweet purposes). so this way you get a ton of PB sauce, for the amount of cals in 1 tablespoon. you can pour it on anything and it'll be delicious :bigsmile:
    I was going to buy Peanut Butter & Co's Dark Chocolate PB, but maybe I won't! :)