Need ideas for HONEYMOON destination??

Options
SunshineAndLove
SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
Hello, we're getting married next year and have no idea where to go on honeymoon. We've got quite a good budget for it it's just making that final decision.

My other half wants to follow the Tour de France for three weeks but I don't really want to go camping on my honeymoon so need something extraordinary to try and persuade him to do something else!

Help!

Replies

• MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If that's really what he wants then comprimise - allow him 1 week of the tour as long as you get one week in a chic hotel in Paris and one week at the beach in St Tropez :happy:
  • bunny888
    bunny888 Posts: 23
    Options
    Congratulations. Can highly recommend Canada and the Rocky Mountains, particularly Lake Louise. The mountain scenery is just awesome...blue sky, towering trees and majestic mountains....what could be more romantic!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My friends just did a South African safari and loved it. No camping - they stayed at amazing resorts.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Are y'all into outdoors-y stuff or would a chill, relaxing location be more your style? It really depends on what kind of vacations y'all usually take.

You could look into a cruise...I know Royal Caribbean goes pretty much almost everywhere these days.
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My hubby surprised me with our honeymoon in his speech at the wedding last year. It was........................

A Cruise on The Queen Victoria in the Princess Grill on Cunard!! it was BLISSFUL!! we went on around the Med i have NEVER known relaxation quite like it before and you have Formal nights where you wear dinner suit and ball gown and semi formal which is suit and smart dress and then casual it's the best holiday and i would LOVE to do it again!!

If you have any questions on this i would be happy to answer them! xx

I hope you have a lovely time what ever you decide to do! xx
  • SunshineAndLove
    Options
    Are y'all into outdoors-y stuff or would a chill, relaxing location be more your style? It really depends on what kind of vacations y'all usually take.

You could look into a cruise...I know Royal Caribbean goes pretty much almost everywhere these days.

I'd like somewhere where he can go off and do stuff and I can relax on a beach... our friends who are getting married the month before us are going to Paris so I don't want to go there! I want to be unique...
  • SunshineAndLove
    Options
    Congratulations. Can highly recommend Canada and the Rocky Mountains, particularly Lake Louise. The mountain scenery is just awesome...blue sky, towering trees and majestic mountains....what could be more romantic!

I like the idea of this, thanks.
  • Bob_Sugar
    Bob_Sugar Posts: 61
    Options
    we did Cancun and loved it! We've also been to Germany. I would say it just depends on what kind of trip you want to have...fun in the sun or sightseeing, etc. Congrats on the wedding!
  • suzyqs4
    suzyqs4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree with the cruise idea. My husband and I have been on 10 cruises so far and they are amazing and relaxing.
  • Abbzzz
    Abbzzz Posts: 49
    Options
    Australia!!!! I live here and it's great!!! That's the only thing i need to say about Australia because it is so good. I mean have you ever heard of someone going back home saying "oh Australia was crap" no you don't and if you have... they were lying lol!!
  • SunshineAndLove
    Options
    Australia!!!! I live here and it's great!!! That's the only thing i need to say about Australia because it is so good. I mean have you ever heard of someone going back home saying "oh Australia was crap" no you don't and if you have... they were lying lol!!

Lol I've been to Oz and loved it, would like to go back one day. Maybe New Zealand would be an idea?? Is that swearing at you?

My other half would most DEFINITELY not like to go on a cruise, in his eyes that would be the worst thing to do!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My daughter went to Sweden and absolutely loved it. The first few days they were on an island off the coast of Sweden and they said everyone was very friendly there. Then they went to the capital for a few days.
  • NurseLocke
    NurseLocke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We went to Sandals Negril, Jamaica for a week. I didn't want to leave. There are excursions you can do. We went to the world famous, Ric's Cafe - went cliff diving. As an all-inclusive, you don't have to worry about money the entire time you are there. Food, alcohol & entertainment are all included... you could literally order a drink and dump it on the ground then order another- just because you can! Every night they have different types of entertainment - bands, beach party, talent show, Jamaica night... Canoeing, scuba diving -if you're certified (if not, they offer PADI certifiication!), Hobie Cats, kayaking, snorkeling, aqua trike, pedal boats, golf, tennis, volleyball, ping pong, pool... all included. You will NEVER have a dull moment. They actually have people on staff to keep you entertained. They have a spa at each resort as well as a 5 star restaurant. You can have a candlelit dinner in a gazebo by the ocean with your own personal butler. It's amazing - can't say enough god about it.

I miss it. We are going back for our 2nd anniversary!!

If you would like to find out more, visit: www.sandals.com
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you are getting married in the summer, I would recommend staying in the Sleeping Bear Dunes/Old Mission Peninsula area of Michigan. The scenery is spectacular, there are a lot of active things to do: biking, swimming, kayaking and exploring the wineries. You will have your pick of many beautiful condos and bed and breakfasts. If you are getting married in the winter, Hawaii is a popular honeymoon destination and you certainly wouldn't be disappointed.
  • calikimi
    calikimi Posts: 30
    Options
    My fiance and I are planing on going to a Sandals resort. They have all inclusive packages where you can have a butler for the time you are there, in room massages, and private pools outside your room. There are many locations they offer this too! Check them out!
  • helena9
    helena9 Posts: 34
    Options
    this is such a lovely happy conversation :)

some of our close friends got married in june and went on a safari in south africa for 5 days and then headed off to mauritius which they loved (although wasn't perfect weather as time of year was not good!)!

how about carribean? or me and my boyfriend have booked to go to thailand in novemeber :) *so excited* looks amazing and seems to cater for everyone. i am quite an active person, i want to do elephant treks and quad biking but then i also want the peaceful and relaxing beach front all inclusive resort and amazing food - thailand seems to offer all this!

all depends on your time of year really and a compromise between you and your fiance's 'perfect holiday' :)
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Venice is said to be very lovely, i haven't been but everyone i know who has gone has recommended it. Likewise with Vienna, Salzburg, and (i think) anywhere carribean.

Following the Tour de France does NOT sound like a honeymoon!
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on your up and coming wedding :smile:

I went to Mauritius, Belle Mare Plage a couple of years ago for my honeymoon and it was paradise, everything I could have dreamed of, all the staff treated me like a princess for the whole 2 weeks, couldn't fault them.

The Island is small enough as well to drive all the way round, we hired a jeep for a few days and saw everything we wanted to see and also did a couple of boat excursions which were amazing.

Jumeira Beach in Dubai is fantastic too for something a bit more lively :smile:

Good luck in finding your own piece of paradise, a whole world out there to choose from

Hope all goes well for you and your future husband :flowerforyou:
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    If you like hiking, snorkeling and being on a beach that isn't touristy check out St. John in the USVI. It truly is paradise. There are resorts there or you can book a nice cottage or stay at a B&B. There are a lot of really nice places to eat and lower end places. No fast food chains around. It's an amazing place. If you need any info just send me a message.
  • Tinasmythe
    Tinasmythe Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Maui!!!! Went there this summer and it was amazing. The "road to Hana" was amazing. You can hike, shop, swim, watch the sunrise from the summit of a dormant volcano, snorkel, surf, etc. This Islam is less commercialized than Oahu. It is gorgeous!!! We had a condo that was 25 ft from the sea wall and we listened to the waves all night.