Need ideas for HONEYMOON destination??

Options

Replies

• SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Maui!!!! Went there this summer and it was amazing. The "road to Hana" was amazing. You can hike, shop, swim, watch the sunrise from the summit of a dormant volcano, snorkel, surf, etc. This Islam is less commercialized than Oahu. It is gorgeous!!! We had a condo that was 25 ft from the sea wall and we listened to the waves all night.

Now there's an idea, we could do a couple of weeks in Canada then quite easily go to Hawaii for a week of chilling!
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    Congratulations :happy: :flowerforyou:

We did New York, Vegas, San Fran and Maui for 3 weeks which we loved....a couple of weeks to do all the touristy, busy stuff then a week in Maui to relax - amazing!

I went to New Zealand a few years back too which was fantastic, I spent a month on the North Island and would love to go back and do the South too.

Have a fantastic time whatever you decide to do :smile: xx
  • SunshineAndLove
    Options
    Congratulations :happy: :flowerforyou:

We did New York, Vegas, San Fran and Maui for 3 weeks which we loved....a couple of weeks to do all the touristy, busy stuff then a week in Maui to relax - amazing!

I went to New Zealand a few years back too which was fantastic, I spent a month on the North Island and would love to go back and do the South too.

Have a fantastic time whatever you decide to do :smile: xx

Thank you! We went to New York for my birthday in January (total surprise Christmas present) then we had a surprise trip to Niagara Falls (we drove for 7 hours to get there from New York, I thought I was going home but he surprised me at the airport by hiring a car!) and he proposed to me in a revolving restaurant overlooking Niagara Falls - it was absolutely awesome!! :happy:
  • ElimyW
    ElimyW Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Congratulations :flowerforyou:

One of my good friends has just come back from his honeymoon in Thailand, and loved it! Loads of amazing beaches to relax and chill out, & lots of different places to visit and exciting things to do - it's on my holiday list for one day far in the future!! :happy:

Wherever you end up going, have a fantastic time, and I wish you both the most wonderful wedding xx
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The Maldives - I am pretty sure that comes very high on 'top honeymoon destinations' lists.

Personally I'd love to do something like a week in San Fran, a few days in Vegas and then 10 days in Hawaii but closer to the UK I love the Amalfi coast. Also Santorini and Kefalonia.

Cuba was also amazing!
  • CarolineT82
    Options

Thank you! We went to New York for my birthday in January (total surprise Christmas present) then we had a surprise trip to Niagara Falls (we drove for 7 hours to get there from New York, I thought I was going home but he surprised me at the airport by hiring a car!) and he proposed to me in a revolving restaurant overlooking Niagara Falls - it was absolutely awesome!! :happy:

Oh that sounds amazing.....how romantic!...my husband proposed in the rain in Ilfracombe! lol x
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Wow, what a wonderful proposal!! My hubby proposed to me in a hotel room on our anniversary as it was winter and freezing and i kept ruining all his plans! (without knowing obviously!!)

Regarding the Cruise thing, my hubby wasn't a fan as he gets sea sick, but it's such a huge ship you don't really feel any thing, and you get to see multiple countries all in one go. But it's not for everyone. Where i thought we were going was to Malaysia and then some remote beach in Fiji or something! or Kuala Lumpur.

So exciting planning this stuff! Have you sorted much wedding stuff out yet? x
  • SunshineAndLove
    Options
    [/quote]

Wow, what a wonderful proposal!! My hubby proposed to me in a hotel room on our anniversary as it was winter and freezing and i kept ruining all his plans! (without knowing obviously!!)

Regarding the Cruise thing, my hubby wasn't a fan as he gets sea sick, but it's such a huge ship you don't really feel any thing, and you get to see multiple countries all in one go. But it's not for everyone. Where i thought we were going was to Malaysia and then some remote beach in Fiji or something! or Kuala Lumpur.

[/quote]

The venue is booked, the photographer, the videographer, nearly got the sashes etc booked, first wedding dress fitting is October, bridesmaids dresses and shoes are bought... I'm pretty much on with it really. I'm making my own wedding invitations with a friend and need to get on with them!

Very exciting!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Thailand! Absolutely amazing! Or China! Also very stunning! AND CHEAP!!!!!!!!

If you go to Thailand you can do what I did and get $20 tickets to Malaysia and Singapore and make stops to those countries!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    we're thinking of one of the greek islands, like santorini or crete, but i really fancy malta
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    FLORIDA! (I'm just shamelessly putting it in there 'cause I'm from there lol ) I think that tour de france thing sounds pretty neat actually. I agree with the other person who said give him a week and then you get a week of your activity of romantic getaway. Go to some nice island or something.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm a big traveler, and not a fan of cruises either. I recommend:

- Kauai, Hawaii - the "garden isle" of Hawaii. Gorgeous, lots of active things to do (surfing, hiking, kayak, golf, etc), beautiful resorts.

- the Virgin Islands. Just got back from St John (part of the USVI) and we loved it! The British Virgin Islands are supposed to be amazing. There's a good mix of active and relaxing things to do. Great food too!

- Indonesia

- Thailand

- Galapagos Islands

- Bora Bora

These are all places I'd go on a honeymoon. :bigsmile:
  • SunshineAndLove
    Options
    FLORIDA! (I'm just shamelessly putting it in there 'cause I'm from there lol ) I think that tour de france thing sounds pretty neat actually. I agree with the other person who said give him a week and then you get a week of your activity of romantic getaway. Go to some nice island or something.

We've been to Florida and LOVED it, just not sure it's a honeymoon destination (for us anyway).

I know, I'm thinking it would be very nice of me to give him a week of what he wants to do but when I asked how we'd do it he said 'Motorhome'!!! I just can't get my head round going in a motorhome for a week of my honeymoon!!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife and I did a 10 day carribbean cruise.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Holiday somewhere near where the Tour passes. See it there for a day (it passes in less than an hour) then go to Paris for a week and see the final stage!

I've stayed here before and it's both gorgeous and near the Pyrenees stages:
    http://www.hoteldelacite.com/web/ocar/hotel_de_la_cite.jsp

Fab food in that region too!
  • SunshineAndLove
    Options
    Holiday somewhere near where the Tour passes. See it there for a day (it passes in less than an hour) then go to Paris for a week and see the final stage!

I've stayed here before and it's both gorgeous and near the Pyrenees stages:
    http://www.hoteldelacite.com/web/ocar/hotel_de_la_cite.jsp

Fab food in that region too!

Hey we went to Carcassonne last year when we went on holiday in that region, it's a beautiful place!
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options

[/quote]

The venue is booked, the photographer, the videographer, nearly got the sashes etc booked, first wedding dress fitting is October, bridesmaids dresses and shoes are bought... I'm pretty much on with it really. I'm making my own wedding invitations with a friend and need to get on with them!

Very exciting!
    [/quote]

Hubby made our invites and thank you cards and table plan and well everything really lol! it's fun and gives such a personal touch to the whole thing. Enjoy it and don't stress out it goes too fast! ahhh i wish i could so it again! lol
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    We are doing Hawaii!

Congratulations on your wedding. :flowerforyou: I like the compromise idea, follow the Tour De France for a week and then find a beach in the South of France for your week. :love:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas...

Considering Goa, Thailand, Mexico, Italy, Carribean... need to narrow it down!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    We went to Jamaica and stayed in Ocho Rios... it was breathtaking... if you are the adventurous types, we went on tons of excursions and even climbed Dunns River Falls.. which was one of the coolest experiences of my life. I cannot wait to go back, by far my favorite vacation to date!