Lose 10lbs in August Challenge

Options

Replies

• nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did the july challenge and came up at tad short so HECK YES I wanna do the Aug challenge. This gives me something to work towards and seems like I need these type of challenges. Hold me accountable. LOL
  • Amyswenson
    Options
    I would like to do the august challenge
  • kparker0202
    Options
    Hi, I'm in! Friend request sent. Red team, if I'm reading the instructions right.

I'm going on vacation for part of August (visiting family) and need some incentive to stay physically active and make decent choices while I'm away from my own kitchen. I definitely don't want to lose ground, and I want to continue to make progress!
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This is an open group -- you can enter whenever you find us. We roll with 3 team captains.

Tiffypooh2u -- A-H -- Team Blue
    Jrdoty8986 -- I-P -- Team Red
    SommerJo -- Q-Z -- Team Purple

They way it works --- Based on your Username -- send a friend request to the Team Captain who's got your letter. Make sure you include your starting weight. The Team Captain will add you to the chart. On Fridays (8/5,8/12,8/19,8/26) send your current weight to your Captain by message. Our Final Weigh in will be 8/31 - I know it's a Wednesday -- but that'll give us a few extra days to work towards the goal.

I'm reposting the team information and directions :) I have a couple people that friend requested me -- I just want to make sure they get to the right team :) I will try to get a message to you each tomorrow as well :)

Betheroo 169.4
    Bradfordfan9679
    butterfly_plumeria
    chelelee96
    curlywurly88
    daniran 226
    jea1668
    Jeffnjo 175
    jennyod2
    jennyy867 172.5
    kdm97
    Maclaren 157.25

Thanks everyone!!!
  • Stephanie_IRL
    Options
    Im in :)
  • prettiiz
    prettiiz Posts: 6
    Options
    Me Too!
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in, just sent my add requests. Excited!!! Yay team Red!
  • stylelush646
    stylelush646 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in this challenge! GO TEAM PURPLE!!! :) Sending msg to SommerJo now.
  • drakeswife09
    drakeswife09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Sending my request.
  • sveltelady
    sveltelady Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been browsing this website for months and I am just now realizing that I wont stay on point unless I reach out for others with a common goal. I would love to take this challenge in August. My current weight is 286, I just want to be healthy!!

I have sent in my request to Team Red! Im in it to win it! :happy: :happy:
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

jea1668
    Jeffnjo 175
    jennyod2
    jennyy867 172.5
    kdm97
    Maclaren 157.25

You're all on the red team, and I think I have most of you already, but if you haven't done so, send me a message with your starting weight!
  • soniamb
    soniamb Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi SommerJo,
    I'm in this sound like great fun and excellent motivation:)
    Sonia
  • whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Go Team Purple! I need all the motivation I can get, lol
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    message sent to Tiffypooh2u! team blue, here I come!!
  • start_on_monday
    Options
    bump
  • YamRector
    YamRector Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Very exciting! my first challenge! I was thinking what we can do to help each other to stay motivated during the week so Friday doesn't come snicking to us, you know...:noway:
    I am in the purple team, so let's all the purples add each other as friends so we can check on each other during the week! it will be awesome!
    SO PLEASE PURPLE TEAM! ADD ME AS A FRIEND! that's going to be FUN!:smooched:
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ok so i see ppl saying "bumping so i dont lose the page"... explain-- i'm new to mfp--- i wanna be able to easily access this group :)

When you "bump" a post, it puts it in your "My Topics" tab so you can easily find it later.

gotcha! thanks :)
  • fitgirl35
    fitgirl35 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    Just what I needed to jump-start my weight-loss!! Go Team Blue!!!!!
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]9367816.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    BUMP........
  • glasgowgirl101
    glasgowgirl101 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and need to lose 50lbs. I'm currently weighing 220lbs. I'm 5 feet 8 in. so I'm trying to get to 170lbs I am joining this and according to my name I'm teamed up with Tiffypooh2u on the blue team. I'm not sure how this works so if someone could give me a little information I'd really appreciate some advice. Betty

Hey Betty. I'm Rosie. We're both in team Blue. You need to send Tiffypooh2u a friend request and let her know what your starting weight is then you don't need to mail her again untill next week with your current weight for that date. That way she'll be able to post how much we've all lost! Good luck for this week and feel free to add me as friend :-)