P90xer's Team: Bring it!!

Options
124»

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    so, question for you p90xers...anyone experience muscle cramping during your stint with p90x? ive noticed this week that im getting some muscle cramping in different parts of my body during the routines...i know some people say take vitamins, while others say to eat certain things. just wondering if anyone who's going through or has been through the program has experienced this and if they did, what did yall do to fix it or prevent it from happening?

I just recommend drinking pleny of water, maybe drink some Powerade Zero, and if you're in pain you could try some Aleve Gelcaps.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Eh, resent the BB Coach comment a little, but I completely understand. Some are just money hungry. Anyway, I'm on my 3rd round, and 4th day of a P90X/Insanity hybrid! Let's BRING IT!!!!

:laugh: I second this!! Ha!! I am also doing P90x and Insanity and running for the cardio! I would love to join, though!!
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    Finished my first round of P90x today!!! Round 2 with P90x+ and other supplemental vids starts on Monday!
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I know there was talk about HRM's on here recently. I decided to purchase a cheap one at Walmart the other day. It doesn't work so I will be returning at some point. I noticed there's some that you have to put your finger on the watch to get your heart rate. then there's others that have the chest band. It seems as if the chest band is much better in regards to estimating calorie burn and would be much easier to use. (You don't have to stop and worry about putting your finger on the watch.)

I'd like to keep the price under $100. What are your thoughts? Any good ones with chest bands under $100?
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Finished my first round of P90x today!!! Round 2 with P90x+ and other supplemental vids starts on Monday!

Awesome job!
    You are the reason I keep trudging along.
    Because I know it does work.
  • craig1768
    craig1768 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh, and one non-scale victory (NSV) I've noticed is that all of my pants are practically falling off of me! I put on a pair of shorts today I haven't worn in months and they barely stayed on my hips!

I guess I'll be clothes shopping soon. :) Even though I don't feel like I look that different in the mirror there's definitely something happening and I think its for the better!

There are a ton of NSV's in p90x. I said the same thing when I first did it. There wasn't a huge weight change... but there was a significant body change.

There was a prior question about how long does it take to see the changes? You will see changes in your 30 day photos. Now you won't go from flab to ripped in 30 days... but I will bet money that your clothing will fit differently.

3xp90X grad 1xChalene Extreme grad. :)

I always get p!ssed watching the P90X info-mercials. I am sure some people get down to near perfection, but the reality of it is... IMHO that its going to take multiple passes. Either that or you need to watch your food like a hawk. Not sure which.
  • blwood860
    Options
    I know there was talk about HRM's on here recently. I decided to purchase a cheap one at Walmart the other day. It doesn't work so I will be returning at some point. I noticed there's some that you have to put your finger on the watch to get your heart rate. then there's others that have the chest band. It seems as if the chest band is much better in regards to estimating calorie burn and would be much easier to use. (You don't have to stop and worry about putting your finger on the watch.)

I'd like to keep the price under $100. What are your thoughts? Any good ones with chest bands under $100?

Boilermakeblaw and I both have the Polar FT4 - it's only $63 on Amazon and comes with a chest strap. SO easy to use, and in the 2 months that I've had it, I haven't had a single problem. It's also waterproof, so you can use it while swimming (although haven't tried that yet). I won't work out without my HRM. With HRMs, you definitely get what you pay for, and in my opinion, it's worth it to spend the extra money.