What is your real style?

Options
13»

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Probably gonna buy at least one cute dress on modcloth and there is always something in the window at Ted Baker that I want.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love modcloth and anthropologie!! When I was bigger, there just weren't very many options for me, so I wore the same boring tshirts and jeans all the time (ugh!). Now I can fit back into some of my favorite items I saved from high school, such as a retro black and white striped tank top with a sweetheart neckline :) I also splurge on expensive jeans now!
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Funny you shoould post this right now. I was looking at some catalogues on a friend's coffee table recently and was eyeing a comfortable looking slightly sexy slightly goth flowing type of skirt or dress and wondering if I'll be able to afford it when I get down to a smaller size. One friend said to another that she pictured her in it. I said, I was thinking for me. She looked shocked because mostly she sees me in baggy pants with big pockets and tee shirts, or my work uniform which is a polo and kahkis. Ugly ugly ugly. This friend has known me for about 16 years and never knew I liked girly earth mother type clohes! I like flowing, comfortable clothes that have a touch of sexy, a touch of femme and a touch of butch. I'm not really sure how to describe it. Being heavy, it's hard to find stuff like that that fits unless it is made to look like you are wearing a tent. I want more mosquito net drape than ugly canvas droop.
  • Natasha233
    Natasha233 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes I acquiesce in regards to the Modcloth comments as well ; ) As for me, I have a beautiful Marc Jacobs dress in the closet along with a pair of Joe's Jeans and my Levi cap E's which I haven't been able to get into any of this since 2006. So that is what I am wearing first!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Modcloth = love

If, when I'm my GW, I've come into money I'll hit up Anthropologie.

I have no idea what my style is though, I wear what is comfortable, I love color and I like things a little bit '80s, a little bit retro, funny patterns. My friend's say, "If it's ugly buy it for Elysa." I love those weird mustard yellows, and sick greens. No idea, I just want them in my life.

Also, a really nice skirt suit. Man, those things are wicked hot and I want to rock the heck out of one.

I'll probably still be pretty much a jeans and a t-shirt kind of girl though. I like trees and dirt and I doubt that will change when I'm at my GW, and I'd be sad if it did!