[CLOSED GROUP] 36 Pounds Challenge - Welcome!

Options

Replies

• weightlosssw
    Options
    Can the spreadsheet be changed to reflect that my goal is to lose 36 lbs? I changed my ticker to reflect my final goal instead of my first goal so it should be more consistant with what everyone else is doing. I just really get motivated by achieving a goal so I keep my goals more quickly acheivable.

of course! just made the change.
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    Hi everyone, 3rd day into our challenge. I want to go and workout, but I got a blister from my running shoes last week that I ignored, and it got really bad over the weekend. So now I cannot do much. I was thinking to go running bare foot with a big bandaid to avoid making things worse by wearing my shoes again. Or swimming. But it's hard to motivate myself. the blister is such a good excuse ... but if I want to make the 4.5 pounds, I will have to get off my butt ....
    Maybe this little sorry will help motivate... or maybe it'll just make ya laugh but i'm gonna share anyway! So about a month ago my family went camping. We like to have fish and hang out by the lake and of course there is beer involved. We had been drinking all day and decided we wanted some hard stuff so we got some whiskey (my choice) and Jager (sister's fav). We drank both those bottles so quickly that I don't really remember much more but the next morning I woke up without a phone, sunglasses, or shoes (still lost to this day). On the bottom of both of my feet were giant blisters! I remembered going for a walk wearing my husbands boots so i blame them for the blisters for a few day but after doctoring them up and looking closer it just didn't make sense that those boots would have caused them in that location. As it turned out I was playing around next to the fire and managed to step on hot embers that had popped out of the pit!

I used those blisters as an excuse for a little while but then I just wrapped them babies up and put on thick socks and all was good!

oh wow, what a story!!! yes, this weekend I am back to working out. the blister is healing, but I will wrap it up nicely so it won't get worse. I hope I can work out Saturday and Sunday, then twice for this week is not that bad. I am shooting for 4xweek right now ...
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    Hi everyone, 3rd day into our challenge. I want to go and workout, but I got a blister from my running shoes last week that I ignored, and it got really bad over the weekend. So now I cannot do much. I was thinking to go running bare foot with a big bandaid to avoid making things worse by wearing my shoes again. Or swimming. But it's hard to motivate myself. the blister is such a good excuse ... but if I want to make the 4.5 pounds, I will have to get off my butt ....
    Maybe this little sorry will help motivate... or maybe it'll just make ya laugh but i'm gonna share anyway! So about a month ago my family went camping. We like to have fish and hang out by the lake and of course there is beer involved. We had been drinking all day and decided we wanted some hard stuff so we got some whiskey (my choice) and Jager (sister's fav). We drank both those bottles so quickly that I don't really remember much more but the next morning I woke up without a phone, sunglasses, or shoes (still lost to this day). On the bottom of both of my feet were giant blisters! I remembered going for a walk wearing my husbands boots so i blame them for the blisters for a few day but after doctoring them up and looking closer it just didn't make sense that those boots would have caused them in that location. As it turned out I was playing around next to the fire and managed to step on hot embers that had popped out of the pit!

I used those blisters as an excuse for a little while but then I just wrapped them babies up and put on thick socks and all was good!

oh wow, what a story!!! yes, this weekend I am back to working out. the blister is healing, but I will wrap it up nicely so it won't get worse. I hope I can work out Saturday and Sunday, then twice for this week is not that bad. I am shooting for 4xweek right now ...
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    Hi y'all,

5 days into our challenge and the weekend is coming up! Not sure how it is for you, but it's always easier for me to eat healthy during the week, cause I work and I have my schedule. Weekends it's harder as I might eat out, and my husband is around eating all day :) What is easier for you? During the week or the weekend?

How about exercise? It's usually tough for me to go work out after work during the week. Weekends are much better. So maybe that evens out with the eating :)
  • DebGaDavey
    Options
    I am now back from vacation and ready to go, am looking forward to doing this challenge and meeting you all.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all,

5 days into our challenge and the weekend is coming up! Not sure how it is for you, but it's always easier for me to eat healthy during the week, cause I work and I have my schedule. Weekends it's harder as I might eat out, and my husband is around eating all day :) What is easier for you? During the week or the weekend?

How about exercise? It's usually tough for me to go work out after work during the week. Weekends are much better. So maybe that evens out with the eating :)
    Weekends suck for me too! I do great during the week and then the weekend comes and I just can't seam to keep myself together. I think I do okay with the exercise part because my family is very active so we are always doing something but as for eating I like to graze and end up eating too much.
  • elmobabie84
    Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know that i'm still here with the challenge!! I had lost internet connection but i'm here and i'm back!!!
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    it's 10 days into the challenge ... if you are on track, you want to be about 1.5 pounds down since the August 1st weigh-in ... if you, it might be good to watch your diet and up your exercise a bit :)
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    it's 10 days into the challenge ... if you are on track, you want to be about 1.5 pounds down since the August 1st weigh-in ... if you, it might be good to watch your diet and up your exercise a bit :)

I changed my weight goal, so my ticker makes it looked like I gained, my badge does show my actual loss though.
    I have been aiming on getting over 500 calories burned each day which I have exceeded every day, today being about 1200 burned. So I think I am on the right track
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Well poop... I'm only down 1.4 and it's 13 days in! I haven't been doing to great with my food or exercise lately. Between my job and all my munchkins i've been having issues finding my "me" time again. I AM going to get up and run tomorrow and maybe i'll challenge my 6 (7 on Friday) year old to a few rounds of WII Boxing. He kicks my butt... It's a serious workout playing against him! I AM going to log my food for the day right now also because I haven't done that in quite a while either. Damn it, I CAN DO THIS!
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am back from vacation and all moved into my condo. I've already realized I am not going to make the 4 pound goal. I have only lost one pound! Vacation/moviing has made it harder to exercise. Hoping to start fresh on Monday, Tuesday the internet guy comes so ill really be back then!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Hello all! I am back from vacation and all moved into my condo. I've already realized I am not going to make the 4 pound goal. I have only lost one pound! Vacation/moviing has made it harder to exercise. Hoping to start fresh on Monday, Tuesday the internet guy comes so ill really be back then!
    Don't give up on yourself... 4lbs isn't that far fetched! Just keep moving forward and you'll make it ;)
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    Well poop... I'm only down 1.4 and it's 13 days in! I haven't been doing to great with my food or exercise lately. Between my job and all my munchkins i've been having issues finding my "me" time again. I AM going to get up and run tomorrow and maybe i'll challenge my 6 (7 on Friday) year old to a few rounds of WII Boxing. He kicks my butt... It's a serious workout playing against him! I AM going to log my food for the day right now also because I haven't done that in quite a while either. Damn it, I CAN DO THIS!

That's the right attitude! Yes, you can totally do this. And remember, we are doing this slowly. This means, to reach your 4.5 this month, you are just 3 pounds away. You can still catch up. Just watch the kcal for the rest of the month, do 3-4 / week exercise and the next cheat day is not before September 1st!!! You can do this!
  • weightlosssw
    Options

Hi, well it's always hard after vacation to find the motivation. Now you have already lost one pound? That's great! You have 15 days left and 3 more pounds to lose. I think you can do this. Just make sure to up the exercise a bit!!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Hi guys - I didn't fall off the face of the earth over the last week - I just fell off the wagon. I'm climbing back on, but it's been hard over the last few days. REALLY cannot wait to get home and done with this stupid trip on Friday night!

I'm scared to get on the scale, but I think my hamstring is healed up enough to get back into the groove. I did a few miles today and feel pretty good tonight.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    Hi guys - I didn't fall off the face of the earth over the last week - I just fell off the wagon. I'm climbing back on, but it's been hard over the last few days. REALLY cannot wait to get home and done with this stupid trip on Friday night!

I'm scared to get on the scale, but I think my hamstring is healed up enough to get back into the groove. I did a few miles today and feel pretty good tonight.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Don't be discouraged! It happens to all of us. Just get on the scale when you are home, no matter what it is, record it and then start over. At least, if you gained weight, you will drop weight quicker in the first week back on track and hopefully that will be motivating :) It's all about sticking with it for good, not about the few times we fall of the wagon. as long as you get back on :)
  • verair
    verair Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It been awhile so I thought I'd stop by....

Last week was a bad week for me, it was really busy and I ate poorly not to mention I went on vacation that weekend. But the damage wasn't too bad, in fact, I saw 179.5 on the scale today but I'm waiting a couple more days before I put it into MFP. Plus it's my TOM, so I'm hoping that won't slow me down and I'll lose the last two pounds. I'm really going to pump it up!

I hope eveyone is doing well. :smile:
  • echeindl
    Options
    5 days left till the big weigh in!

How is every one doing??
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Ugh! I'm doing horrible right now! I'm working two jobs, my daughter started her first job, and my son has football practice 3 days a week. I have been soo busy I havn't had any time for myself. I should be able to fit in a workout tommorrow and Wednesday but then I'm booked solid up till the 5th!
  • echeindl
    Options
    So are we supposed to post our weight on here...?