what was the last straw for you...

Options
i know most people say..well i always wanted to lose the weight so i just did!.
but im curious to know what was "the last straw" for you... what made you finally made you try to lose weight

mine was because i got tired of my friend calling me fat girl...i know she didnt mean it in a mean way but its hard to take something like that in a positive way.. and i also got sick of it when i was in health class... that made me feel even more fat!

what about you?
(sorry if i sound nosy..)

Replies

• jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    Options
    I got up from sitting down for a while, looked at my belly, and there were creases where my fat rolls had been, 3 of them!!
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    wheezing when tying my shoes.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Seeing pictures of myself...hate them, but a good motivator too!
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I lost all myself confidence...and became a jealous, self-conscious miserable person....and I was hurting the most amazing man in the entire world...who lives his life for me and I was making him miserable.

So I decided enough was enough...and I was going to go back to being the fun loving confident person my hubby met :)

11 pounds down :)

Best of luck to you!
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Options
    when i got told by my ex and a friend that "i used to be the hottest girl they knew" .. it made me so upset. and disgusted with myself.
  • TigersLions
    Options
    Mine was a combination of things:

Seeing myself in a wedding I stood up in the previous year with a huge gut.
    Not being able to cross my legs
    Wanting to prove myself wrong regarding my statement saying "I can't lose weight no matter what I do".
    Learn self control
    Seeing a ton of cute clothes on polyvore that I couldn't wear
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I got a stretch mark on my stomach... i looked at it and with a sad face said" REALLY!?!?" and then from that point was all,, NO WAY I don't have kids, I'm not prego I have a stretch mark now and I was soooo upset. That was it.. I was tired of always pulling at my clothes to make sure I was covered ya know? ugh it's summer I should show my arms.. but no.. I keep the wings covered.. lol!! so here I am.. making each step towards being happier with me. :happy:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    wheezing when tying my shoes.
    ^^^^ This!
  • JessieEstes84
    Options
    After having my baby and not being able to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. Not only that, I have my "skinny jeans" in my closet from high school that I would like to at least be able to pull on if not buckle.
  • Zen_Master_B
    Options
    For me probably how I used to run in high school and was really good, then I join the gym and have a hard time playing fullcourt basketball. I am huffing and puffing because I am this big 260lb guy, I got my NSV though... I go to the gym now and when I play with people I have known for years now they can't keep up with me!
  • hphurley
    hphurley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    not fitting in my bathing suit
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    My husband and I took my Mother to a Concert which we traditionally go to every year. Mom was in a wheel chair, and when we got to the Handicapped seating area, I was out of breath, in pain, and feeling clammy all over. I realized as I sat there trying to catch my breath that the next time we came, we would need 2 wheelchairs.
    :drinker: I decided to do "Physical Therapy" (at Curves) to strengthen my knee and hopefully stay out of the wheelchair as long as possible.
  • RickyBobby07
    Options
    Losing my mother to a heart attack in April of this yr & the dr telling me afterwards that it didnt look good for me as he put me on 2 blood pressure meds & taking an 81mg aspirin. I said enough is enough !
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself for the first time in months and saw that I was 170 lbs--the highest I've ever been. And I remembered a conversation my doctor had had with me about my eating habits when I was twelve and weighed 135....he told me if I didn't change my habits I'd gain a few lbs every year until I woke up one day and was obese. And at 5 feet 3 inches tall, 170 lbs is obese. So I decided to nip that crap in the bud.
  • angelicangelique
    Options
    its always good to remind yourself why ur losin the weight!
    readin all the post makes me wanna lose more weight lmao
  • butterfly1445
    butterfly1445 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not fitting comfortably in the wedding dress I bought last June for my wedding this October.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    We have a vacation planned (we leave this Saturday for it actually) with my husband's best friend. We haven't seen them in 5 years so everyone is really excited about it. The last time I saw them I was thin(before I had my daughter). Well, his wife and I were talking about the trip back in March making plans, etc and she said to me, " Well at least I don't have to worry about you being all skinny and making me look bad at the beach." :noway: At that moment I vowed that I would loose the weight before the vacation. I literally started my lifestyle change that very second and haven't looked back. I went from a size 12 to a size 6, 156 lbs to 134lbs. Wanted to loose a few more pounds before we went but I'm ok with where I am for the trip. Boy is she going to be surprised :bigsmile:
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    My soon to be ex hubby told me he didn't find me attractive anymore & he wanted a divorce. I was 5'6 & 165lbs. I am down to 130 now :)
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be a couple of things...the last doctor's visit I had. She told me that either I needed to do something about my weight or consider having the gasteric bypass surgery. The other was being at work one night and a customer asking me when I was due.
  • angelicangelique
    Options
    We have a vacation planned (we leave this Saturday for it actually) with my husband's best friend. We haven't seen them in 5 years so everyone is really excited about it. The last time I saw them I was thin(before I had my daughter). Well, his wife and I were talking about the trip back in March making plans, etc and she said to me, " Well at least I don't have to worry about you being all skinny and making me look bad at the beach." :noway: At that moment I vowed that I would loose the weight before the vacation. I literally started my lifestyle change that very second and haven't looked back. I went from a size 12 to a size 6, 156 lbs to 134lbs. Wanted to loose a few more pounds before we went but I'm ok with where I am for the trip. Boy is she going to be surprised :bigsmile:
    i hate it when people make comments like that!
    but it also is def a way to get motivated!