what was the last straw for you...

Options

Replies

• theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    The only clothes that I fit into are my stretchy clothes and I'm unable to wear my wedding ring at the moment.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I was never really into scales and wore a size 14/16 for the last 5 years. However one morning this past spring, I took the plunge and weighed myself.... 202.. GASP!!!!!
    Never in my life did I think I would get this bad. I thought I looked fine aka curvy.
    Right then and there, I was determined to get my butt in gear. I bought a treadmill that weekend and joined MFP.
    Not only have I cahnged my entire outlook on life, but I got my BF to start eating better and working out.
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I was sitting out on my deck in my bathing suit (2 piece), and when I got up, I had "tan lines" (white streaks) on my stomach where the sun hadn't gotten between my FAT ROLLS! Yea- true story.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I had a couple....

Within a 2 week span my wife gave birth to our 2nd child, I turned 30, and weighed over 300 for the first time, (302.8 but who's counting)

and

My little girl came up to me and said, "Daddy, you're really big. Are you going to die?"
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    For heart wrenching moment for me was when my Fiancée's aunt said to me, in front of a room of girlfriends (we were going out for my sister's hen party) that I had really put on weight. I replied saying, yes, thanks I have.

She then said that I must have been eating everything in sight. I replied saying yes, I've clearing eaten all of the pies.

She then said that I'd obviously been eating all of the burgers too. She then said that she didn't know who looked more pregnant, me or my sister (my sister was 6 months pregnant).

I was completely heartbroken. She shattered any confidence that I had left. I then had to spend the evening with her wondering what the hell she had done wrong. She tried to apologise, so I threw it back in her face. I think I died a little inside that night.

How I managed to look her in the face without crying I'll never know. What a complete ****ing ***** she is.

From that moment I was determined to lose the weight. For me though, it sure as hell isn't for her.

I wish you all the luck in the world :flowerforyou:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    For heart wrenching moment for me was when my Fiancée's aunt said to me, in front of a room of girlfriends (we were going out for my sister's hen party) that I had really put on weight. I replied saying, yes, thanks I have.

She then said that I must have been eating everything in sight. I replied saying yes, I've clearing eaten all of the pies.

She then said that I'd obviously been eating all of the burgers too. She then said that she didn't know who looked more pregnant, me or my sister (my sister was 6 months pregnant).

I was completely heartbroken. She shattered any confidence that I had left. I then had to spend the evening with her wondering what the hell she had done wrong. She tried to apologise, so I threw it back in her face. I think I died a little inside that night.

How I managed to look her in the face without crying I'll never know. What a complete ****ing ***** she is.

From that moment I was determined to lose the weight. For me though, it sure as hell isn't for her.

I can only guess that by you giving her "witty" answers to her remarks she thought you were 'OK' with her mocking your weight (either that or she is an evil *kitten* !!)
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My soon to be ex hubby told me he didn't find me attractive anymore & he wanted a divorce. I was 5'6 & 165lbs. I am down to 130 now :)

wow, what an *kitten*, bet he regreats that now!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can only guess that by you giving her "witty" answers to her remarks she thought you were 'OK' with her mocking your weight (either that or she is an evil *kitten* !!)

I'm leaning more toward "evil *kitten*" myself.

You didn't smack the hell out of her, so you've already shown an amazing bit of self-control. Congrats!
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My last straw was when I started to think about mine and my husbands vacation. I was thinking were going floating down a river that is low and there is going to be spots where we may have to walk to get through and I will be in a tube that I probably will be balancing on top of instead of inside because I can't fit. That all became reality!! Everyone else was skinny enough to float through the low spots and I was walking my tube that I was literally balancing on top of anyway. I decided that next year I would not be in that situation and I would also be able to ride rides at amusenment parks with my son who will not ride rides without me, so he is missing out until I take him.
  • kaylemartin
    Options

Apparently she wasn't feeling very confident to be out with a load of young girls, so I'm gonna go with evil *kitten*. So rude.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    We have a vacation planned (we leave this Saturday for it actually) with my husband's best friend. We haven't seen them in 5 years so everyone is really excited about it. The last time I saw them I was thin(before I had my daughter). Well, his wife and I were talking about the trip back in March making plans, etc and she said to me, " Well at least I don't have to worry about you being all skinny and making me look bad at the beach." :noway: At that moment I vowed that I would loose the weight before the vacation. I literally started my lifestyle change that very second and haven't looked back. I went from a size 12 to a size 6, 156 lbs to 134lbs. Wanted to loose a few more pounds before we went but I'm ok with where I am for the trip. Boy is she going to be surprised :bigsmile:
    i hate it when people make comments like that!
    but it also is def a way to get motivated!

Yes, it was a HUGE motivator for me. Every time I didn't want to work out or I started to eat something I shouldn't, I thought of what she said and I pushed thru it. I really do love her to pieces tho. I know that she has struggled with her weight her entire life and that is why she said that to me bc of her own insecurities so I'm not mad. If anything I'm grateful because she finally pushed me to do something I had wanted to do for 3 years. :)
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Not being able to walk across my building without losing my breath....and oh yeah not being able to see personal parts of my body......(Gross I know) but it really hacked me off one day. I know your there buddy.....but I can't see you! LOL
  • kaylemartin
    Options
    My soon to be ex hubby told me he didn't find me attractive anymore & he wanted a divorce. I was 5'6 & 165lbs. I am down to 130 now :)

His loss! You look amazing :)
  • kaylemartin
    Options

I'm leaning more toward "evil *kitten*" myself.

You didn't smack the hell out of her, so you've already shown an amazing bit of self-control. Congrats!

Thanks! I still can't believe I didn't cry..
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So many things but mainly

-being the fat one in a group of friends
    -not being able to wear clothes I want to wear (partially because my chest takes up half a shirt. damn 40J)
    -realizing that i seem to be putting on 10lbs a year and how that by 30 I could end up being near 300 pounds and that's not how I plan on celebrating that birthday.
    -hitting 26 and still being single
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I lost a crawfish down my cleavage. :(
  • kaylemartin
    Options
    Losing my mother to a heart attack in April of this yr & the dr telling me afterwards that it didnt look good for me as he put me on 2 blood pressure meds & taking an 81mg aspirin. I said enough is enough !

Congrats for doing something about it and condolences for losing your Mom x
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When my fat jeans became my regular jeans.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I lost a crawfish down my cleavage. :(
    Tough day for you - great day for the crawfish. :-)

I saw a pic of myself where I looked like a walrus. Not a trim walrus either,,, I mean the walrus that all the other walruses call "lard tusks". That did it.

Really - take a look, my pic in the brown shirt. 270 pounds, and I'm 5'8" tall. Wow.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Not recognizing the frazzled sweaty obese person in a picture filled with my girl scouts and their moms...I looked like I was wearing a mumu and it was only an xl shirt... then the same day, seeing a friend on Facebook do a weigh in for a total of 30lb lost...then falling in love with MFP because it is FREE!