Girly Questions

Options
2»

Replies

• laurabelle25
    Options
    There was another girl on here not too long ago that asked the same question about depo, and here's the link, and what i told her:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/28506-question-for-the-women

Wed 10/22/08 11:26 AM-ok first and foremost: GET OFF THE DEPO SHOT!!!!!

I was on this when i was in high school and most of the way thru college. I gained a lot of weight w/ it (but some of it could have been all the boozing and late-night pizza ) But i went to a new doctor and they really scolded me for being on the shot for soooo long. they said it has major side effects and that weight gain was one, emotionally out of control was another (which i was at the time) and that my "girly system" would be screwed up for years. After i got off the shot it took over 3 years for my system to become regular again.

My docs suggested that i try the NuvaRing...which i love. Not everyone likes it b/c it has to be inserted..."up there" every month. but you get used to it and i absolutely love it. it regulates my hormones so that i don't have terrible cramping and my periods usually last like 2-3 days vs. 6-7 days. It's awesome!!!!!

So anyways that's my piece, hope it helps,
    Laura

-as for the lotion: For my face-Oil of Olay (has SPF in it....LOVE IT) Body-I use just about whatever.