Hot dogs as bad as cigarrettes?????

Options
Read this article this morning....WOW....I always new hotdogs were bad but didn't realize it was this bad...No more hot dogs for me!! I quit smoking 2 years ago.

http://www.680news.com/news/world/article/258763--doctor-s-group-warns-hot-dogs-are-as-bad-for-your-health-as-cigarettes

Replies

• End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    "The group wants hot dogs to come with a warning label that helps consumers understand the health risk."

Seriously?!?!? I want a warning label on that article so that people know they may be dumber after reading it.

Just get natural hot dogs, and enjoy.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    "The group wants hot dogs to come with a warning label that helps consumers understand the health risk."

Seriously?!?!? I want a warning label on that article so that people know they may be dumber after reading it.

HAHAHA! I agree with you there! That is a little excessive! I mean come on! The majority of people know that hot dogs are not the most healthy for you to begin with...but for Pete sakes...what is this world coming to! LOL
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

LMAO.

Greg for the win!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Considering the article doesn't even explain HOW hot dogs are bad for you I'm not gonna change anything. Not much of an article anyway. It's four lines long and super vague. That's not persuasive or informative.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    I don't think I should read this.........I don't care, I love hot dogs on the BBQ !!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Wait - Hot dogs are not good for you? That explains why my hot dog diet idea hasn't worked...
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Sweet. I'm going to start smoking again.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thats disgusting- they are both GROSS!
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wait - Hot dogs are not good for you? That explains why my hot dog diet idea hasn't worked...

hahaha
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time keeping my hot dog lit.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ^^^ agreed
    hot dogs are no where NEAR as hard to quit. I still smoke-started when i was 13 and i try really hard not to but i remember one time when i was younger my friend was jealous that i had to quit smoking and tried to say "well im over weight and i have to eat healthy so thats like quiting"

and yes it is...but at leats there are SO MANY other healthy options with food...with ciggerettes its like all you get is nasty gum and stupid fake ciggeretes that you end up spending all this money on and not using.

hot dogs have never caused an addiction in me where i have needed half a pack a day of hot dogs... i get tired of them after a while lol
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    LOL to the commenters!!!!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Considering the article doesn't even explain HOW hot dogs are bad for you I'm not gonna change anything. Not much of an article anyway. It's four lines long and super vague. That's not persuasive or informative.

Ditto....I would love to give you a "thanks for sharing" but that article just left me hanging.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

I tried a pipe for mine, but it didn't seem to fit.

Should I upgrade to a hotdog-bong?
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Pickles64
    Pickles64 Posts: 13
    Options
    I love hotdogs... but they are a processed food, containing nitrates and a lot of salt. Chicken/Turkey dogs have helped, but still there are a lot of additives that make them unhealthy.

My grandmother lived to be 99 years old, eating things like sausage & gravy, hot dogs/brats, and fried chicken... but her motto was: Everything in Moderation

Moderation is what has gone out the window in today's society... everyone wants everything now, in excess and just because "they want them."

Boy, how did I go from hotdogs to soap-box?! *whew! LOL
  • BIGBATBASTARD
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with hot dogs or cigarettes
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Not read the article - but watched a programe once that showed you what hot dogs are made of...

Not ate one since - totally gross
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    Nitrates are nasty....
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I get the kind with no nitrites or nitrates. all the yummy flavor, none of the bad filling... LOL!