Hot dogs as bad as cigarrettes?????

Options

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I knew this over 10 years ago, my Dad's a scientist and told me about it when I was much younger- I don't know the real particulars but I do know more than what the article says:

First you need to understand that we all have 'cancer cells' in our body all the time. We have certain genes that tell our immune system how to keep them at normal levels/at bay. One of these genes I believe is called the P-53 gene. The nitrites in the hot dogs supress this gene's ability to do its job.

You can get nitrite free all beef hot dogs. If you're a meat eater I reccomend splurging on this.

Also, it is said that the quanitity consumed is okay if only twice a month or less. I don't condone government control our food (they obveously don't care about the harmful effects of aspartame) , but I do think we should be educated and it's our repsonsibility to educate ourselves when possible.

http://www.preventcancer.com/consumers/food/hotdogs.htm
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Now i can't decide if I'm craving a Fenway Frank or a Camel Light? Jeesh.
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    Son of a biotch...i had hot dogs for lunch...oh well they were good hahahaha!!!!!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

Someone had to:

hotdogcig-1-1.jpg
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    It's settled.. I'm having hot dogs tonight. Four of them. With chilli. And beer. Lots of beer.
    ^5 love me some beer.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've never met anyone with a two packs of Oscar Meyer a day habit.

And the second hand smoke from my neighbors grillin' wieners is a lot more pleasant, too.
  • anthony438
    Options
    I've never met anyone with a two packs of Oscar Meyer a day habit.

lol, and now you have - nice to meet ya :wink:
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Why didn't anyone warn us sooner?? It's a miracle the human race hasn't been wiped out yet! Thank God we know now...
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I want a warning label to be put on the website this article is from saying "warning: we're not a real news organization." I think my blood pressure spike from the horribly designed website is going mess with my health more than hot dogs.
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like this doctor's group were neglected as children and are now thus starved for attention!

HOT DOGS BLAH BLAH BLAH CIGARETTES BLAH BLAH BLAH LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    If this were true, I'd quit hot dogs and go back to smoking. I enjoyed smoking so much more than I do hot dogs.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    "The group wants hot dogs to come with a warning label that helps consumers understand the health risk."

Seriously?!?!? I want a warning label on that article so that people know they may be dumber after reading it.

Just get natural hot dogs, and enjoy.

What on earth is a 'natural hotdog'?
  • anthony438
    Options
    Mmmmmm, Oscar Mayer Menthol
  • BIGBATBASTARD
    Options
    It's settled.. I'm having hot dogs tonight. Four of them. With chilli. And beer. Lots of beer.

and a cig afterwards
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I want a warning label to be put on the website this article is from saying "warning: we're not a real news organization." I think my blood pressure spike from the horribly designed website is going mess with my health more than hot dogs.

HAhahahahahaaaaa

"You can believe us! We're on the INTERNET!" is about the only credibility claim they seem to have XD
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

"The group wants hot dogs to come with a warning label that helps consumers understand the health risk."

LMAO.

Seriously now.... how can we expect evolution and natural selection to do its job with us posting common sense warning labels on everything? Ugh. :grumble:
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Seriously?!?!? I want a warning label on that article so that people know they may be dumber after reading it.

Just get natural hot dogs, and enjoy.

What on earth is a 'natural hotdog'?

What? You don't have a hotdog bush in your backyard?
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Y'all are so funny! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    There should be a 'Like' button
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options

Someone had to:

hotdogcig-1-1.jpg

Muwahahaha! OUTSTANDING!