Cabbage soup diet....it works amazingly!!!

Options

Replies

• Ajontheguitar
    Options
    All respect to whatever is being said, and I'm sure it's a supplementary diet however....

When I first read only the subject, all I thought was:

Yeah, that's called being POOR.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I love message boards.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    All respect to whatever is being said, and I'm sure it's a supplementary diet however....

You are nice!!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

Nah, that's the hotdogs and government cheese diet. I lived on that as a kid. LOL
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That is so not healty and people under 18 should not diet. Period.

is this serious? what do you have against teenagers dieting? even if one is overweight, huh? smh...
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ah man everyone is going crazy.... READ her first post she wants to ADD it to her current diet :)

This, She wants to add it to her diet, Cabbage soup is a vegetable soup that is very filling. Adding it to any diet is a great way to get more nutrients, fiber and to help you feel full to curb other appetite deficiencies.

what can I say, not everyone knows how to read, lol.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hum, know you all make me thinking about making a cabbage soup for dinner. I found a better and healthier version of the recipe (no processed crap in it):

http://www.grouprecipes.com/18460/cabbage-soup.html

# 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
    # 1 cup sliced celery
    # 1 cup diced onions
    # 2 cloves of garlic smashed
    # 8 cups of cubed potatoes
    # 8 cups shredded nappa cabbage
    # 3/4 cup fresh chopped tomato added only at the end
    # 14 cups chicken stock
    # 4 cups shredded chicken
    # 2 bay leaves
    # 1 tsp allspice
    # 4 sprigs fresh thyme
    # 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
    # salt and pepper to taste
    # 1 tsp sugar
    # 1 tsp vinegar

Got to put this in my blog, so I can find it when I need it.

BTW, stop fighting :P
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    ...you think I was saying that as a knock to the poor? You have it backwards.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Results might be faster if you do you cabbage soup and Brawno instead of cabbage soup and water. More electrolytes that way. It's what plants crave.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Results might be faster if you do you cabbage soup and Brawno instead of cabbage soup and water. More electrolytes that way. It's what plants crave.

lol
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Ive found it to be much more effective if you use Leeks instead of cabbage and replace all the water directly with Brawndo. If the Plants crave it, it has to be healthy.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    @ FaithHopeTrust : if she did not want peoples' opinions she shouldn't have posted here. No need to be rude.
    Yeah, if she didn't want us telling her what's right for her, she shouldn't even come near the internet! What the hell is wrong with you people who seem to think that you should be able to have any sort of opinion that wavers from the MFP indoctrination? We don't need no stinkin' reading comprehension.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I did it when i was 19 for 3 1/2 days dropped 7 lbs. It was awful. I ended up gaining 11 lbs back within the next two months.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Just a side note... I'd drink pee for two weeks to fit into "THE" dress. Doesn't means it's a sustainable diet, but I get what the OP was sayin about the prom dress :)
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    my mom did this diet when my brother and i were little. It turns out, me and him both love cabbage soup, and would eat it all.

So on the plus side, that soup is tasty!

but honestly she never kept that weight off, and is still overweight like 20 years later. but man i am craving that soup now...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works because you are eating very little calories. Not healthy and not sustainable.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my parents used to do the cabbage soup diet a few times a year for a few weeks at a time. It worked while they were on it, but no lasting results, just like any diet fad....if you follow it it works for awhile but its not sustainable because inevitably you will fall off the wagon.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Just a side note... I'd drink pee for two weeks to fit into "THE" dress. Doesn't means it's a sustainable diet, but I get what the OP was sayin about the prom dress :)

LOL... Almost anything, but not pee!!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ive found it to be much more effective if you use Leeks instead of cabbage and replace all the water directly with Brawndo. If the Plants crave it, it has to be healthy.

If this is the case, I think I would try Miracle gro...
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

LOL, I think I'm in love ... or at least with your posts!