Are THOSE real?

Options

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

I'm deciding if we are going with an artificial Christmas tree or a real one this year. We had a real one last year and it was a pain in foot..and vacuum! I LOVE the smell of a real tree but fake ones are so much easier!:bigsmile:

What about you? Live tree or artificial?:flowerforyou:

We've done artificial for years. Lights stay on it. I love looking for real trees and such but allergies killed me.

I was actually thinking to myself I cant believe he replied to one without a joke and then you had to mention the breast thread LOL
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Oh, FYI, I thought this was another breast thread.

I sorta did too:blushing: :laugh:

LMBO, so did I. HA!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm going home to spend Christmas with my mom for the first time in 5 years, you better believe we're getting a real tree :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I have a fake one because I didn't have a way to haul a real one home last year. They won't let you haul one on a bus. :laugh: I prefer a real one any day to a fake one though. My daughter moved back to Washington State and lives near me so maybe I can get a real one this year. :happy:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

Me 3 :drinker: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: We always went with real at my parents house. But since I've been living on my own it's either fake or we just don't put one up if we go up to OH for Christmas. What's the point if we're not there :ohwell: The real just makes too much of a mess with the needles falling off. But it smells good and looks great. :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

LMBO, so did I. HA!

I stand corrected.......me 4 :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I suppose I should answer, even though I thought it was a breast thread. :huh:

We put up a fake one. Before we had the munchkins, we put up a real one but the kids seem to think that pulling needles off is some sort of sport & this year we have a crawler & a 2yo so the less mess the better. Plus, I think our newest dog would try to eat it...heck, he might try to eat the fake one. The thing is a garbage disposal.
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    We do fake.. but there is a new "trend" of live trees. You can buy the Christmas tree but its potted.. Its more environmentally friendly. Then you plant it?? This wouldnt make sense for me though.. how would i plant it with 3' of snow outside.. it would be sitting in the corner of my house till spring!! I guess if its alive it might not make a pine needle mess, not the allergies though.. Has anyone tried one of these before??
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I prefer a real tree, but HATE, HATE, HATE dealing with putting lights on the tree.

I bought one of those fake ( looks real) trees that is already prelit........sooooooo wonderful!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I prefer a real tree, but HATE, HATE, HATE dealing with putting lights on the tree.

I bought one of those fake ( looks real) trees that is already prelit........sooooooo wonderful!

That is so what I'm thinking...pre-lit
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Add me to the breast list... LOL!!!!

My husband wants to get a real tree. I remember when I was very little we had a real tree. I remember my mom forgot to water it and the needles started to fall off (before x-mas). I also remember going to K-mart with my dad and buying my mom a fake one for the next year (I finally tossed the old fake tree three years ago. (It looked pretty mangy after 25 plus years.) My hubby had a nice pre-lit one.

He always had the tradition when he was growing up of going with his dad to pick out a real one, chop it down, tie it to the roof of the car and pray it didn't fall off before they got home. Then they would put on x-mas music and trim and decorate the tree together as a family.

I am not ready for a real tree yet. I think the kids need to be a bit older first. I can't wait to try out his tradition and see how well it fits our family... I would like to have the littlest on be at least 3 if not 4 before we go au natural.

We put on the movie "White Christmas" while we decorate. We sing along with the songs and I recite certain parts word for word.... It is pretty funny.

106069.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :laugh: :tongue:

P.S. Max you are pretty funny.....
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Live
    Live
    Live

I have never, and will never, have an artificial tree. I love that I can still find Christmas tree needles in the cracks at the wall in my living room. I love the smell. I love hunting for the perfect tree. I love dragging it home and decorating it. I love taking it down. I love seeing all the dead Christmas trees in the ditches, waiting for the garbage collectors to pick them up. :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    He always had the tradition when he was growing up of going with his dad to pick out a real one, chop it down, tie it to the roof of the car and pray it didn't fall off before they got home. Then they would put on x-mas music and trim and decorate the tree together as a family.

We put on the movie "White Christmas" while we decorate. We sing along with the songs and I recite certain parts word for word.... It is pretty funny.

OMGosh, that is EXACTLY what we do :bigsmile:
    I've done it since I was a kid, but I've kept it up since my kid was born. We help her put on ornaments. She is dazzled by the lights and loves the ornaments. I can't imagine Christmas without all that jazz.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

I've done it since I was a kid, but I've kept it up since my kid was born. We help her put on ornaments. She is dazzled by the lights and loves the ornaments. I can't imagine Christmas without all that jazz.

we're pretty close-- it's usually " It's a Wonderful Life," though-- we don't have White Christmas.

Cookies-- hot cocoa-- singing-- usually somebody yelling 'cause somebody stepped on a string of lights, but as long as Mommy doesn't get tense due to the chaos, which is a "tradition" in and of itself that she has finally conquered-- :embarassed: -- it is a lovely time.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    We do a real tree...although after last year I am slightly tempted to get a fake one. Something went wrong with the whole drilled in the tree for the stand and it almost fell over 2 weeks before Christmas. I had to go beg for wood where they were building the newest houses in my development to prop the tree back up! It was crooked the rest of the season which just made me crazy!
    That being said, I still want a real tree. I will not give up the tradition of untangling the lights, cursing at the lights, stringing them on the tree, and cursing at them again as they get tangled back up! I LOVE going out in the cold and finding the perfect tree, and I wouldn't trade that smell for anything in the world.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    LOLLLLLLLLL!! I thought it was gonna be about boobs too, LOL:) Great minds hey:bigsmile: :laugh:

• Losing_It
    Options
    Well, boobs seemed to be the topic of the morn so I went with what was working!:laugh: What's tomorrow going to bring?:laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Options

we're pretty close-- it's usually " It's a Wonderful Life," though-- we don't have White Christmas.

Cookies-- hot cocoa-- singing-- usually somebody yelling 'cause somebody stepped on a string of lights, but as long as Mommy doesn't get tense due to the chaos, which is a "tradition" in and of itself that she has finally conquered-- :embarassed: -- it is a lovely time.

Sounds great, Marla!! We play Christmas songs while decorating, too. I'm going to have to pass on the cookies this year but I can squeeze in a sugar free hot cocoa for 25 calories!:bigsmile:
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Right now it is just me and bf in our place, so we didn't do a tree last year and probably won't do one this year either....

but I gotta say I'm a firm believer in the real ones. It is a lot more fun to go through all the trouble! It is tradition to watch the men in the family suffer trying to get the tree home!

:laugh: