Are THOSE real?

Options

Replies

• LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Only Real!

Maybe it's a product of where I live (Pac NW) but ...... I can't imagine having a fake tree. I look so forward to the adventure every year. driving up the mountain, hiking through the snow looking for the perfect (sad, charlie brown ) tree. Drinking wine and eating pears and brie up in the snow while we look. mmmmmm!

I can't wait!

Our tree is always ugly, with some hideous bare patch or crooked tilt. But once the lights and decorations are on it... you dont' notice so much. And it feels more "real" to me that way.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of my first Christmas living with my dad and stepmom...it was a big deal because I'd always wanted to move in with them but had to wait until I was old enough to decide custody.

Anywho...

I BEGGED my dad to get a live tree because we'd always used this 30 year old plastic one at my mom's, and he finally gave in at the last minute. So we go to the tree yard and there's all of three trees left...one is a Charlie Brown thing with 3 branches, one is 18 feet tall, and the third...it was perfect. Pine-cone shape, full branches, nice and green.....well, on one side anyway. :laugh: The other side was totally flat. It was also about 8 feet in diameter, and we knew it would be to big for the living room, but after more incessant begging we took it home. We faced the flat side away from the living room, and the other side fluffed out across the room so far it might as well have been sitting on the couch. We only had enough decorations for one side too. :laugh: I loved that Christmas!
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    We do fake.. \

Don't most women?

"Fake, fake, fake, fake"

elaine_benes035.jpg

Only because men make it necessary. :drinker:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    We do fake.. \

Don't most women?

"Fake, fake, fake, fake"

elaine_benes035.jpg

Only because men make it necessary. :drinker:

And enjoy it that way :devil: :drinker: :bigsmile: :tongue: Oh yeah, nuttin but a live one in our house, period!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You can BET theyre real!!

chores018.gif
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I always had a fake tree since I was a kid then me and my guy got together and were doing christmas as a family it was Real tree time- My kids were little at that time and I even had a puppy but the smell was great and ever since we go real-- I even go pick the tree out when he is in Iraq and the girls and I do it alone- They really enjoy picking out the tree sometimes they pick out the most expensive one- but to me christmas is one day a year and I kids start growing up and I want them to have the best possible memory-
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    My most memorable christmas tree was in my 11th year.

My mom was very very ill, she was worried about feeding my brother and I, the last thing on her mind was a tree. A neighbor lady said she felt bad and told my mom she would bring us a tree. This is the woman who talked trash about my mom to all the other neighbors. Mom told her no thank you...but.....

Well this lady comes walking down the street for all to see, braggin on how she is helping the poor family with no money. I am not talking about a lovely green thing with lights.....It was silver with one of those lights that rotated....blue, then green, then red, then yellow I think. It was the grossest, funniest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

My mom laughed and laughed and said she always knew this lady didnt like her!!!

Well, the next day some folks from a nearby church showed up with groceries, a big ham and presents for all.

I can still hear my mom laughing.We sat in front of that ugly tree eating ham and hot food for the first time in months.

Red, Green, Blue, Silver....Red, Green, Blue, Silver.

I may just buy one just like it this year!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    oh my-- God bless you, Jeannie-- sounds like rough times growing up. And here you are, one of the most positive, inspiring, encouraging voices on this site. You're an amazing person--
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    oh my-- God bless you, Jeannie-- sounds like rough times growing up. And here you are, one of the most positive, inspiring, encouraging voices on this site. You're an amazing person--

I second that!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have only ever had a fake tree. My husband is the same way, thank God, so we're going fake tree again this year!

Seems like way too much of a hassle.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks. There was never a lack of love in my household. That and grace are what got us through.

Now-I am off to find a silver tree...has any one seen one lately??????
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    real - DH won't have it any other way- too much of a mess if you ask me
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    fake - get a yankee candle for the smell
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Ezzie and I have found that a Frazier Fir is just about the bestest real tree out there! the needles don't drop very much, it doesn't need tons of water, the limbs support big ornaments, and it smells wonderful the entire time! We usually decorate with Christmas Carols playing, wearing our Santa Hats, and singing along too!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I always thought I'd caught a cold at Christmas until we got a fake tree and realized it was allergies.

I love my fake tree. I just pluck off the ornaments and stick it in a big plastic bag in the attic with the lights still on it for storage So easy!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Thanks. There was never a lack of love in my household. That and grace are what got us through.

Now-I am off to find a silver tree...has any one seen one lately??????

Garden Ridge.
    Do they have those where ever you are?
    Look online at Garden Ridge.
    They have fake trees in silver, lime, fuschia, orange.
    You name it, they have it :sick:

LOL
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options

Garden Ridge.
    Do they have those where ever you are?
    Look online at Garden Ridge.
    They have fake trees in silver, lime, fuschia, orange.
    You name it, they have it :sick:

OK....now..WHO (besides an Oompah Loompah) is going to buy an ORANGE tree? :laugh:

And if you do...I apologize if I offended you!:bigsmile:
  • bonnykate
    Options
    Oh, real all the way, baby! :happy:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Oh, real all the way, baby! :happy:

Response from Max in 5..4..3..2..1
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options